What's been the worst aspect of this season for you?

All of the above, but the worst thing for me is, we do not know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We can get rid of managers and poor players but the chairman is still there and I am worried he will carry on making the same mistakes.

Hate watching games on TV.

I'm don't normally let a game of football determine my mood but I have recently. I've worked out it's because in usual times I can walk back to the pub after a match and I've forgotten about the performance/result after a pint and a post match chat with my mates. The missus has no interest in football so I guess I just bottle it up at the moment and it affects my mood for the rest of the night. But then she did make a valid point in that if the players cannot be bothered then why should I?

Also what Grandad said, I can't even get excited about potentially winning games in League 1 as I have zero confidence in this chairman. 

• Like 1

The quality of the football. 

It’s been dire and the worst I can remember in the last 10+ years? 

Every single game I’ve watched this season we deserved to loose. We have been obsessed with this ‘anti football’ style of pass it round the back 3 for a few seconds before Lees or Bannan launch in 50 yards. Rinse and repeat for 90 minutes, says a lot when we can’t even make the most basic Sunday league tactics work. 

Seeing the custodian of the club on various Zoom meetings indicate the fans are to blame for the clubs failings

The loyalty of the fans over the years has kept the club going

Sheffield is a working class city and to many supporters Wednesday mean everything to them and because of this most are willing to accept the huge financial cost to follow their team  as it stands today 

To even suggest the fans are to blame is bad enough

To do it in such a brazen way is nothing short of disgraceful 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The constant mistakes and upheavals in a season when we needed solidarity and consistency.

Letting Monk start the season

Letting Monk bring his team him

Firing Monk for being honest & saying top 2 wasn't possible

Hiring Pulis

Sacking Pulis

Letting Thompson have months of being caretaker before Darren Moore out of ******** nowhere

We always knew this season was going to be a hard old slog, we made it even harder on ourselves

• Like 1

The realisation that relegation to league one may not be as bad as it gets, along with the fact that there is nothing in place or a glimmer of hope to suggest that things will be put in place to build on and achieve medium term sucess.

• Like 2

To think we've spent how many millions and we are going through the League One trapdoor with barely even a whimper. 

Even the teams of the 00s (who got relegated) showed a bit of fight and character. 

This lot are completely devoid of any of that. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What's been the worst parts of this season for you personally?

The hope.

The worst part was the hope, those all too brief periods of time when it looked like we might have given ourselves a fighting chance of staying in the Championship, only to see us shoot ourselves in the foot. Every bloody time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

To think we've spent how many millions and we are going through the League One trapdoor with barely even a whimper. 

Even the teams of the 00s (who got relegated) showed a bit of fight and character. 

This lot are completely devoid of any of that. 

Just further to this, what really irritates me about this lot is the lack of professional pride. 

Honestly, this lot play like they hate their jobs. It really does smack of a bunch of guys clocking in, going through the motions, and then getting as quickly out of Hillsborough as possible. 

I don't expect every player to be some chest thumping, die for the cause type. We all know that these are "professional" footballers and, depending on the individual, they will have different motivations. 

But for the life of me I can't think of a better example of a group of people who seem to have zero professional pride. How can any self-respecting professional consistently produce the dross this lot have done so for over a year  and not feel anything but complete and utter shame.