Windass to Ipswich??

I have three frustrations with Windass

1) I have absolutely no idea what position he plays, is best at or where he fits into ANY team (not just ours)

2) When he shoots most of his shots hit the kop roof

3) When he runs around he basically (and I can't explain why) just sees a player and just runs straight forward into them and shoves them over

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) I have absolutely no idea what position he plays, is best at or where he fits into ANY team (not just ours)

3) When he runs around he basically (and I can't explain why) just sees a player and just runs straight forward into them and shoves them over

Or Paterson - in the unmentionables.

The idea that there was a fallout is probably BS. Quite often it's all made up paper rubbish. Also if the move suited him or any footballer they'd probably move even if they didn't like the manager. How many of us like our managers or superiors? It doesn't mean you can't possibly work under them. You just get on with it. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Let him go if we can get a fee all the better.   He obviously thinks he is a good player, but while he may have stamina, he doesn’t have enough speed and regularly passes then doesn’t look for the return.  
I am sure with any fee we would get for him we could do better

BTW. I am not one for normally slagging off players but think he is a legend in his own mind

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

Very frustrating that we have Windass, Paterson, Palmer, and the 2 goalkeepers under contract for another season. Chansiri needs to bite the bullet and hope he can make a nominal payment to any other clubs willing to take them to get em off the wage bill

Bannon takes up massive part of next seadons budget already. 

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

A lot worse players than Windass at the club. At least he offers a goal threat. Kachunga, Marriot , to name 2 who are about as useful as Jay Slothroyd during his brief but never forgotten stay at S6.

This season we are where we are. Even though I think he’s a very poor player he’s one of the only 3 players I would entertain up front. Had we played 352 and 442 with any two from three up front all season, from Windass, Rhodes and Paterson, we had enough to finish a comfortable 16th-20th.

Fekkin around with one up front and now with the hopeless 4231 we doomed ourselves to relegation. If we stick to this for the final 12 games we’ll pull off the impossible and let Wycombe pass us!

However, I want to see him leave in the Summer. He handicaps the team by being so selfish. 

12 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Very much doubt we will be anyones promotion rival next season.

I don’t think anyone really knows given the turnover of players and wildcard chairman, understandably many are preparing for the worst. But there is still an opportunity.

10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A lot worse players than Windass at the club. At least he offers a goal threat. Kachunga, Marriot , to name 2 who are about as useful as Jay Slothroyd during his brief but never forgotten stay at S6.

A lot of the comments are based on his performance at this level. I think unless offered decent money it would make better business sense to see how he fares in league one as someone with a bit of direct pace and a hard shot seems to be quite useful. Selling him for a few quid to a L1 rival and watching him score 15-20 goals in that league would be very Wednesday.

• Like 2

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think anyone really knows given the turnover of players and wildcard chairman, understandably many are preparing for the worst. But there is still an opportunity.

The best hope is that DC provides the funds, lets DM get on with it, and doesn't manage things himself. No chance that this will happen, however, IMO. 

Assuming we're in League One next season, I wouldn't want to lose one of the few players who's shown he can contribute an attacking threat even in our godawful setup this season.

Goal participation:

Paterson: 36%

Windass: 29%

Bannan: 25%

Reach: 20%

Rhodes: 12%

Harris: 12%

Both Paterson and Windass would be useful to keep hold of at that level. Regardless of which league we're in though, our primary transfer target remains the same as it's been since Fletcher left: a proper target man. Without that, nothing else functions properly.