Will you renew?

Guest Grandad

Me and my son have got early bird tickets this season. Not done any Ifollow or owt so not had anything from em. Where's the info come from about rolling over to next season? Not had any money back from last season yet, nor has anyone contacted me, pretty much resigned to the fact that if it comes it's a bonus. 

We'll want to be there the first game we can. It's ridiculous really but it's what we do innit? Ticket prices need to come down though and DC is gonna have to find a way to achieve this whilst still delivering a team that can compete. Other clubs manage it, I wonder if he could take some advice from somewhere to find out how? As it stands we are the most expensive team in the league to watch and the 2nd worst team. Next season will be in league 1 and that brings its own set of problems. Can he deal with any of them? 

• Like 1

I think many will renew....their membership of the National Trust. As people on here have said a good many folk have found other things to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon during the last year. You can’t pick and choose your matches either as POTG is over the top expensive, quite honestly if I lived up in Sheffield I’m not sure I’d bother giving money to the Chansiri funds.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoadABallacks said:

Most likely. 

Iv’e not used any of my season ticket credit on iPlayer this year, so already paid for (assuming that’s the case) 

I’d think twice if I’m having to pay up the cash though, but probably would. 

For me, the match day is a chance to catch up with family and friend, not just the shower of crap on the pitch. 

I was planning to take my 5 year old towards the back end of last season before it was postpone, so looks like it will be league 1 football for him. What an introduction....

Exactly the same for me. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I’m 100% getting a season ticket for next season

So long as the pricing is right for the division we are in 

No issues with getting one or anyone getting one at all

Me too.

I have had a season ticket for 49 consecutive season and want my 50'th.

After that who knows, I have lost all interest in modern football in general, the cheating, the diving, the Law changes, the lack of body contact, tackles, everything.

If I could go back 50+ years and know what I know now, I would choose to support Rugby League.

Knowing our chairman season tickets for this season will be rolled forward to 2029/30 season and everyone will have to pay more for next season.

What a sorry mess he has got himself into with pricing out fans who don't go to every game.

It's going to get a lot worse when we get relegated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There will either be a rebate or an extention on them I’m sure 

Or something like free IFollow for away games or summat

It won’t just be left at current pricing 

To be fair I bought my ST with the knowledge that we could relegated last season. I would hope Chansiri would reward loyal supporters with a partial rebate if we’d paid above Div2 prices for Div 3 but let’s face it that was always unlikely.

The nature of all seater stadia and Chansiri pricing twisted my arm. If the mates you go with have STs you’re boxed in if you want to sit with them. It’s either get a ST or sit on your lonesome. 

3 hours ago, poite said:

No 'rebuild' will happen whilst Chansiri is here. It will only get worse.

Next season will be about survival in league one. Mid-table will be a hell of an accomplishment. I'm deadly serious. 

Dont believe you.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You crazy people renewing.

All you’re doing is keeping the chairman here longer 

No you are not you are making the club a better proposition for any prospective new owner you crazy person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had one for this season £550 in North stand. I reckon I've watched about 12 matches of that on ifollow so minus £120 leaves me with £430 plus I'm owed £25 in ticket sales from the season before. Should be plenty for league one but what's the betting prices won't change so I'll end up owing money. 

Can't wait till Blackpool and Oxford fans discover they've got to pay £38 to watch their teams at Hillsborough next season. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you're being too bitter against our fans - I don't think the time is right to crow about other fans and what they choose to do -  just my humble opinion

No bitterness from me, and I think it describes all football fans not just ours. But this is the only forum I use so I just see it on here... 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Anus said:

I'm assuming like many ours will roll over into next season. I've missed match days more than anything in covid times. I can't wait to get back.

Actually - only 3 clubs are rolling over credit to the next season

image.png.c418e5b8ee6fd5598705f46c778e7ed5.png