Will you renew?

Guest Grandad

1 hour ago, Anus said:

Ta, for that. I must admit house admin is all in the hands of Mrs A. I'm fortunate enough to be getting in the over time that funds a lot of the stuff, so I get a free pass on the sorting of. But however it's done, we will be back as soon as the government allow. 

Mrs Anus sounds like a good lady. 

• Haha 1

Me and my son will definitely roll it over into next year. We miss our lads day out and we will still go with the hope that we will share some great memories together from games we might talk about for many years to come. 
Ultimately that’s what it’s about - everyone loves to reminisce about “those” moments that never leave you and that’s even better to share them with the ones you love 

2 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Me and my son will definitely roll it over into next year. We miss our lads day out and we will still go with the hope that we will share some great memories together from games we might talk about for many years to come. 
Ultimately that’s what it’s about - everyone loves to reminisce about “those” moments that never leave you and that’s even better to share them with the ones you love 

That is spot on. I just wish those memories you share were against better sides than Forest Green Rovers. So annoys me how much our fan base is being sold short. 

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

There’s not been clamour for tickets for a game at Hillsborough since the 4-2 defeat by the grunters. And that’s nearly 4 years ago.

Even against Man City at home we only got a 20k crowd and that was with them filling their allocation 

Thanks, you've emphasised my point perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Dot said:

I'll be renewing as soon as they are available and I suspect most season ticket holders will as well. You'll get the odd one or two who cant afford it after the pandemic or who have got out of the habit (although they will probably frame it as a protest).

It's not about one man, its not about the football, if people went just for the football we'd have no season ticket holders.

This🖕

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

In what way? I’d be happy to have a bet with you we won’t see another sell out at Hillsborough while Chansiri is owner 

Cos since the loss to the pigs we've steadily dropped to where we are now while they've (temporarily) gone the other way. It's all added to the angst to some of our fanbase........ if and when we have success again(whichever league we're in) the crowds will come back and sell out for crucial games. 

11 minutes ago, Owlbashthi said:

Cos since the loss to the pigs we've steadily dropped to where we are now while they've (temporarily) gone the other way. It's all added to the angst to some of our fanbase........ if and when we have success again(whichever league we're in) the crowds will come back and sell out for crucial games. 

Do you want to take that bet?

We won’t sell out again under Chansiri 

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Honestly, I would have used the credit left from this season after ifollow deductions for next season, but both my kids have totally lost interest. If they're not going I doubt I'll be able to swing it going to the match on my own.

So my choice is get mine and theirs with the credit and go if I can convince them to go.

That said I feel it's reached the point where I need to register my protest and boycott until DC puts a club manager structure in place and steps back from the day to day or failing that fooks off.

The current running of the club has sucked any enjoyment I had when going to matches. It's soul destroying and a toxic environment to place myself.

• Like 1

Bought a 5 year ST.

Reyt pleased with myself... Not.

Would happily take a refund but for the fact I meet the kids at footy.

Only plus point about going or potentially going again given recent seasons...

As has been muttered by Reading Owl... 'It is the hope that kills you'

At least I was able to go in the 90s.

Just hope the kids see similar one day.

This roll-over business.....

Chansiri is saying he can't pay the players cos he's had no income all season.

But if we roll-over this year's season tickets to next season he'll have no income then either. Just more outgoings as we have to pay for policing and stewards etc

The only new income will be 

a) people having to pay for the credit they used up on ifollow - that's only £10 a game from those ST holders who've bothered with ifollow

b) people getting season tickets who hadn't already bought one for 20-21. Really? Would you buy a season ticket in these circumstances?

c) pay on the gate. I suppose if we make a good start in League 1 some of the lapsed ST holders might start trying the odd match but until then I can't imagine many wanting to cough up on a regular basis

d) income from the sales of our best players...oh wait, the only ones worth anything are being given away

So... another 12 months of minimal income (minus 5 million in TV money)

So much for us being the rich kids in League 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What has caused this do you think?

Matchday atmosphere? Pricing? Results?

Do you know why they all packed in?

Combination of all 3 I'd have thought and the biggest factor for most will be CHANSIRI !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

This roll-over business.....

Chansiri is saying he can't pay the players cos he's had no income all season.

But if we roll-over this year's season tickets to next season he'll have no income then either. Just more outgoings as we have to pay for policing and stewards etc

The only new income will be 

a) people having to pay for the credit they used up on ifollow - that's only £10 a game from those ST holders who've bothered with ifollow

b) people getting season tickets who hadn't already bought one for 20-21. Really? Would you buy a season ticket in these circumstances?

c) pay on the gate. I suppose if we make a good start in League 1 some of the lapsed ST holders might start trying the odd match but until then I can't imagine many wanting to cough up on a regular basis

d) income from the sales of our best players...oh wait, the only ones worth anything are being given away

So... another 12 months of minimal income (minus 5 million in TV money)

So much for us being the rich kids in League 1

When did he say he can't pay the players? 

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

just think of the away games. No hassle getting tickets. 

Yea think of the joy of watching Patterson  and co away at Forest green etc , it'll be thrilling entertainment 

After 30 odd years I’m not just going to stop going because of one man. I know Chansiri said our money means or pays for nothing but that’s nonsense and we need to keep going to help finances- - I’m not good at maths but 15000 season tickets at an average of say 350 quid a pop is 5,250,000 which covers the loss in TV money