Will you renew?

Guest Grandad

13 minutes ago, pioowl said:

No you are not you are making the club a better proposition for any prospective new owner you crazy person.

Utter nonsense. Any investor with a brain knows the potential of this club and how the current owner is squandering it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can’t for the life of me get this. If you claim you want the chairman gone so bad, yet continue to pay him money. Surely if you wanted him gone so bad you would go completely cold turkey, and put up with a short period of heartache for long term gain 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I can’t for the life of me get this. If you claim you want the chairman gone so bad, yet continue to pay him money. Surely if you wanted him gone so bad you would go completely cold turkey, and put up with a short period of heartache for long term gain 

In claiming my £600 back and going on a nice holiday. DC can go whistle if he thinks he’s getting any more money from me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

In claiming my £600 back and going on a nice holiday. DC can go whistle if he thinks he’s getting any more money from me. 

Good for you mate. And it’s the same posters on here blasting other fans for supporting the chairman, but they are also inadvertently supporting him too by paying up 

You’redoing it to support the club, but in reality you’re supporting the chairman 

He IS the club 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Actually - only 3 clubs are rolling over credit to the next season

image.png.c418e5b8ee6fd5598705f46c778e7ed5.png

Ta, for that. I must admit house admin is all in the hands of Mrs A. I'm fortunate enough to be getting in the over time that funds a lot of the stuff, so I get a free pass on the sorting of. But however it's done, we will be back as soon as the government allow. 

Guest Therealrealist

Stopped doing home games about two years ago but I will be at every satday away game..as it stands 8 new grounds in league one😎

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

Probably about £200 cheaper than ours.

Posted in another thread last night:

My mate has just renewed his ST at Barnsley for £185 irrespective of what league they will be in.

Took the IFollow option for this season,

Me persoanally, IF it does roll over then I'll be in but TBH I would have had to do some soul searching to purchase one for next season.

It just can't be as bad as this year, can it ?

2 hours ago, Owlbashthi said:

Took I follow option so will put what's left to next season........ Enjoy meeting up with mates, can't wait to get back in ground...... Await all those who aren't going while dc is here clamouring for tickets when we need a point from Forest Green at home for title with 4 games left. 

There’s not been clamour for tickets for a game at Hillsborough since the 4-2 defeat by the grunters. And that’s nearly 4 years ago.

Even against Man City at home we only got a 20k crowd and that was with them filling their allocation 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beany71 said:

I’ve always had a season ticket and over the years the mates I’ve gone with have dropped off until there’s none lest. Since my lad was old enough he’s had one (he’s 16 now) and for the last few weeks he’s now started saying he may not be bothered. He’s starting to get used the disappointment being an owl gives you.

I suspect there will be a lot of fans in that frame of mind. Also I have the conundrum of do I get one on my own for the first time ever?

Going to the match on your own? at least try to match up with someone on here mate all the best...

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

How do you get tickets away if you’re not going to the home games?

Quite easy..got 2 mates who have had st's for years..theyve got a gazillion points but never go away..so i have the tickets they harvest the points..and when i need extra can often get them on here

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

12 months ago despite the crap on the pitch I was of the mind set that I would be attending regardless and respected others decision to vote with their feet and stay away. But now I changed my mind. I can't support the club with this idiot in charge making wrong decision after wrong decision. Watching players on ridiculous salaries unable to do the basics and the alternative being to sign injury prone over the hill players that nobody else wants. I have requested my credit card company action a Section 75 for this season as I'm sick of having a wet back from this football club. I'm sure I will return in the future but I doubt it will be while Chansiri is here unless there is a change in how things are run. I haven't missed it for one moment, driving across town, fighting for parking spot, sat in a half empty stadium with no atmosphere, watching overpaid players chasing shadows, then watching supporters streaming for the exits before half time as the team are on the end of another hiding, then driving back home after another wasted day. I didn't think it would come to this but I won't be the only one. Good luck to those that persevere and I hope your patience and support is fully rewarded. The fans are the only decent thing about this club who deserve so much more than this.

My view mate is that large numbers of supporters renewing regardless,will send the wrong message to the Chairman and his advisors.Whilstever they remain there is allegedly the fear of much worse to come

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Pretty sure it was announced that there wasn’t going to be refunds for this years season tickets? And that it would just be rolled over to next season? Therefore people will be paying high championship prices for league 1 football.

Really? I would be surprised that the 'customers' would not be eligible for a refund if they requested one or is DC seeing us as fans now?

Depends on Chansiri’s next move 

If he comes out and outlines a plan to sort this mess out I’ll renew if the price is reasonable for league 1

If he comes out blames the fans and charges £500 on the kop then no chance 

I'll be renewing as soon as they are available and I suspect most season ticket holders will as well. You'll get the odd one or two who cant afford it after the pandemic or who have got out of the habit (although they will probably frame it as a protest).

It's not about one man, its not about the football, if people went just for the football we'd have no season ticket holders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoadABallacks said:

Most likely. 

Iv’e not used any of my season ticket credit on iPlayer this year, so already paid for (assuming that’s the case) 

I’d think twice if I’m having to pay up the cash though, but probably would. 

For me, the match day is a chance to catch up with family and friend, not just the shower of crap on the pitch. 

I was planning to take my 5 year old towards the back end of last season before it was postpone, so looks like it will be league 1 football for him. What an introduction....

This is me too . I’m assuming that this season’s ticket will roll over to next season. If for any reason it was cancelled there is no way I would pay again for next season.

I,ve given up all hope of getting a refund for last season’s ticket. Don’t anyone try to tell me that DC is proud or honest.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Utter nonsense. Any investor with a brain knows the potential of this club and how the current owner is squandering it. 

and..If any investor has a brain, he will wait until the asking price hits rock bottom, that happens the same time we do