Barry Bannan once again in top Championship player stats

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Without disparaging either player, don't forget the old saying - There are Liars, Bloody Liars, and Statisticians. The only true stats are - 

P - W - L - D - GF - GA - G Diff - Points. 

Actually.. its lies...Damn lies and,,,STATISTICS...Then you posted the "True...Statistics lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

key passes what a load of codswallop.  

I'm sorry Bannan in ineffectual.   He passes backwards and side ways more than forwards.   He isn't the solution to our problem.   yes he needs the players around him but he has been the problem for a lomng time.  His delivery from set pieces is shocking.   Corners awful and his goal return for a midfielder is pants.

Yea...keeping the ball has f.ook all to do with football

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

key passes what a load of codswallop.  

I'm sorry Bannan in ineffectual.   He passes backwards and side ways more than forwards.   He isn't the solution to our problem.   yes he needs the players around him but he has been the problem for a lomng time.  His delivery from set pieces is shocking.   Corners awful and his goal return for a midfielder is pants.

Barry Bannan has been the problem? 

Not Chansiri? 
Not the lack of management structure? 

Not the absolutely garbage players brought in to replace good players around him? 

The club is the problem for not putting the right players around him. 

We could sign Son from Spurs, if all we did was lumped the ball to his head and played him as a lone striker, you'd probably be slamming him for not being effective enough and needing players around him.  

If Bannan is ineffectual, I would love to hear what your analysis of the players around him that arent the problem bring to the table instead. 

Regarding set plays, its not his fault we replaced the likes of FF and Wallace with no one capable of taking a set play.

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea...keeping the ball has f.ook all to do with football

I remember being told quite a lot when we hired Pulis that possession stats don't win football matches.

The majority of our fan base are opposed to "tippy tappy poo"

12 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I remember being told quite a lot when we hired Pulis that possession stats don't win football matches.

The majority of our fan base are opposed to "tippy tappy poo"

When the only "other" option is to lump it back to the opposition, you may as well keep the ball, rather than meekly give it back.

I know there’s different theories on if Bannan is being told to play the “deep lying playmaker” role or if he is simply doing it himself but he needs to be further forward.

We aren’t scoring goals, especially not from open play and one of the reasons is that we can’t sustain any pressure on our opponents. Bannan is the best player we have at taking the ball under pressure, he’s the one player we want on the ball 30-40 yards out from their goal instead of ours. Until we can start getting him on the ball in these positions it’s going to be more of the same pointless hoofs upfront to a non existent target man. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

The only key pass stat that matters is called ‘assists’

I agree but that assist is only as good as the player that’s on the end of it.

In other words, should have scored or an amazing save perhaps?

• Thanks 1

I am not surprised Bannans stats are good. He’s a good Championship level player and gets absolutely loads and loads of the ball in this side. 
But when you then see that Brown is in the top 20 it immediately makes me think the stats that are being measured can’t possibly be telling us much because he’s been absolutely throw since the first two games of the season!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I am not surprised Bannans stats are good. He’s a good Championship level player and gets absolutely loads and loads of the ball in this side. 
But when you then see that Brown is in the top 20 it immediately makes me think the stats that are being measured can’t possibly be telling us much because he’s been absolutely throw since the first two games of the season!

Must be the one through pass to...I forget...It resulted in a goal

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Must be the one through pass to...I forget...It resulted in a goal

It must be a fantastic industry to be in where one good pass months ago gets you in the top 20 performers and £1.3million per year! 
I’m actually dying to see Brown start at least one game soon just to see what happens. If he’s shizz we’ve got five subs so can always haul him off again! Maybe he can do another pass resulting in a goal and move into the top 10 performers 👍

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It must be a fantastic industry to be in where one good pass months ago gets you in the top 20 performers and £1.3million per year! 
I’m actually dying to see Brown start at least one game soon just to see what happens. If he’s shizz we’ve got five subs so can always haul him off again! Maybe he can do another pass resulting in a goal and move into the top 10 performers 👍

Thats what stats do..its like being 1 not out in 100 cricket matches....when you lost every one...

So if bannan passes to a player whose 40 yards out from goal and player has a shot 

That would give bannan a tally on 'key pass' 

Stats only tell you what you wanna believe 

'this weekend John Smith had a 100% pass ratio' 

What they don't tell you is he passed it straight back to the goalkeeper everytime