Barry Bannan once again in top Championship player stats

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fact that only six other players have provided more goalscoring opportunities than Bannan would suggest he's not totally ineffective, 

I'd then suggest that he steps away from from the corner kicks and "take one for the team"

I consider it a punishment rather than an advantage when Sheffield Wednesday get a corner at present .....

• Like 1

I can’t wait until we’re allowed to travel again and get back in the ground.

I want to fly back to see my mum and dad then I will go to the match, have a raspberry flapjack ‘cause the pies have sold out then run on the pitch with a pair of scissors and cut his transplant  flap off when his corner fails to beat the first man.

44 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Joey Pelupessy has better pass completion stats than Barry Bannan.

😂 

That's because he only ever attempts a 5-yard pass - to Bannan.

Bannan's key passes and pass completion rate would be even higher if he actually had someone worth passing to in front of him. Sometimes he has, when Reach is wide left, not when he is lost wandering around right of centre. 

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I want to fly back to see my mum and dad then I will go to the match, have a raspberry flapjack ‘cause the pies have sold out then run on the pitch with a pair of scissors and cut his transplant  flap off when his corner fails to beat the first man.

He put one on Lee's head in the forst 5 minutes on Wednesday, Lees headed wide from 5 yards out with the goal at his mercy. 

Harris took a corner later on in the half - went out for a throw on the opposite side. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He put one on Lee's head in the forst 5 minutes on Wednesday, Lees headed wide from 5 yards out with the goal at his mercy. 

Harris took a corner later on in the half - went out for a throw on the opposite side. 

He did, you’re right.

I’d only cut his flap off for the other 300 over the season.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

His corner fails to beat the first man because our forwards are crap apparently.

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You should change your Avatar to "Worthingtonboywonder" ......

Sid.png.6418c7b27166ed09220ee87f47053b01.png

To be sure!

Or is that strictly a southern Irish saying? 

:ghoulguy:

22 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'd then suggest that he steps away from from the corner kicks and "take one for the team"

I consider it a punishment rather than an advantage when Sheffield Wednesday get a corner at present .....

That's for the managers to decide, rather than the players, I'd expect.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I am not surprised Bannans stats are good. He’s a good Championship level player and gets absolutely loads and loads of the ball in this side. 
But when you then see that Brown is in the top 20 it immediately makes me think the stats that are being measured can’t possibly be telling us much because he’s been absolutely throw since the first two games of the season!

This 100%.  I think statistics have a place but Brown’s ranking makes me doubt the relevance of this particular measure.

37 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This thread's not about possession stats, though; it's about key passes, i.e.- passes which directly lead to an attempt on goal.

The fact that only six other players have provided more goalscoring opportunities than Bannan would suggest he's not totally ineffective, but would probably benefit from having some better forwards to provide chances to.

Right, now I understand what key passes are, thanks for explaining (I’m not being facetious, I genuinely didn’t understand).

Armed with that bit of knowledge, I’m struggling to remember all those glaring chances we’ve been missing.  

• Like 1