I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

I would like to know what we need to do if it is not protesting against Chansiri?

Do we continue to blow smoke up his backside? Do we continue to give him a round of applause at every meeting he goes to? He has proved himself absolutely incompetent at running a football club and he is very dangerous.

The only outcome I believe Chansiri would accept would be to sell the club for what he has put into it and I do not believe he will EVER be able to sell the club for that amount of money. He will not sell us for what we are truly worth, unless we force the issue. Granted that nuclear option could, probably will, result in Chansiri also going nuclear and liquidising the club rather than selling it.

But you know, I would rather die on my feet than live my life on my hands and knees. Sheffield Wednesday will live on, even if it is within a Phoenix club.

Otherwise we are just legitimising Chansiri, leading him to believe he is doing a good job and continuing to ruin this football club forever.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I’ve lost all fear of what this guy ‘might’ do. 

I’ve seen enough of what he has done. 

It feels like being in a ‘if I can’t have you, nobody can’ relationship. 

The thing's I'm reading in this thread are more along the lines of a battered wife with a broken nose, two black eyes and blood streaming down her face running  up to people saying 'don't upset him! you'll just make him angry again. Just keep your mouth closed and make sure his tea's on the table by 6pm'

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Always find the be careful what you wish for posts really odd. And those saying don’t ******** him off as he’ll walk away. Why would he just walk away when he could sell for say £30 million? Pure spite? Surely he’d take £30 million and leave ahead of letting a club fold due to sheer spite. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I think there’s still a meeting scheduled, but it’s highly pre-planned to mitigate against awkward questions. Attendees have had to submit questions in advance and then DC chooses the ones he is answering...

??? Should not legitimize such a forum,by attending.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Posts like this. Who the bloody hell do you think you are? You should do this and You should do that. 

You're not the messiah @Grandadno matter your delusions of grandeur.

We are on the slippery slope and relegation is surely favourite now. You obviously fancy a bit of placard waving and shoe throwing and that's fine, that's your thing. But please stop with the rabble rousing. It's not going to help. It's never helped any club in the precarious position we find ourselves in. In fact, where Chansiri is concerned, I'm very confident that your kind of protest will leave us worse off when he eventually goes, rather than better off. 

That's my view but I'm not going to tell people what they should be doing and thinking. 

keep clapping

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Always find the be careful what you wish for posts really odd. And those saying don’t ******** him off as he’ll walk away. Why would he just walk away when he could sell for say £30 million? Pure spite? Surely he’d take £30 million and leave ahead of letting a club fold due to sheer spite. 

He wouldn't 'walk away' and wouldn't shut the club down out of spite

That's just fearmongering from the people who doff their caps

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

This is more like it. Do it with reason rather than slinging mud. Would be ideal to get a respected ex player or similar involved to be a figurehead. It's important Chansiri can save face, especially back home I imagine. 

Lets all worry about the Chairman saving face.....**** me....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't see why anyone would have problems with fans groups speaking to Chansiri.

Don't have to agree or even like the bloke to find some common ground.

He allegedly decides what he wants to talk about,thats why.....

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Chansiri owns Sheffield Wednesday.  Many people wish he didn’t. He has shown no inclination to sell the club. he has shown no inclination (or maybe no ability- through lack of funds or financial restrictions) to put more money in. If DC just walks away we probably go into liquidation.

To move things forward DC either needs to sell (at a huge loss) or put more money in (more losses). He also needs to run things differently either by changing his own actions or appointing someone else to do it on his behalf. 

Its a complex situation compounded by cultural differences and geographical distance. To top it off we are just starting to come out of a global pandemic.

In truth taking an extremely aggressive position and just shouting at DC probably won’t work. It might make some people feel better and it also probably won’t actually make things worse but it’s unlikely to be effective because it’s easy to ignore. Particularly from another continent. There just isn’t a good outcome that doesn’t involve at least some engagement from the Chairman.

Someone needs to find an ‘out’ that works for DC as well as for us. Otherwise a long protracted period of misery awaits us all. 

Wont work? Charlton? Blackpool?....

Just now, TommyCraig said:

Not clapping him. Think he's an atrocious chairman. I'm worried for my club. Worried what he might do. And I don't like being told what to do or how to think. 

But you're seemingly more than happy to post to tell others how to think and what to do

Worrying what he might do and keeping quiet in case he does it when he's already ripping things to bits is literally the absolute equivalent of the battered housewife scenario I posted above

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I think any fan group will mean well,  But look who you have to deal with , Thai culture is about saving face ,Never admit you are wrong ,I have a friend he worked for a company in Thailand  Telecommunication ,He said at first it was ok ,He told the owner about something that could improve the company ,He said the owner said ,NO . He told me the way they are in Thailand , Rather than admit they are wrong ,They would rather the firm go to the wall . Feel sorry for Neil and the other coaches , They are working with players most do not care they are leaving any way .

Leicester owners didn’t seem to have a problem.