I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

What about teams where the owner didn't learn? 

Chansiri has proven he won't listen or learn. 

Blackburn fans kicked off big time in the process of the decline more than we are now. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I want that to be true but I don’t think it is. I think in 2021 liquidation means the end. We won’t be like Rangers starting again at the bottom to triumphantly win the league however many years later. We won’t have a ground. I want a better outcome. The current regime is an unmitigated failure. But at some point a solution has to be found that isn’t just starting from scratch after going out of business. 

There is way too much love mate for Wednesday for that to happen,it would never die as a Club,& if wednesday in whatever form continued,it would be the only non league Club to have 15,20 000 fans WAWAW

Just now, parajack said:

There is way too much love mate for Wednesday for that to happen,it would never die as a Club,& if wednesday in whatever form continued,it would be the only non league Club to have 15,20 000 fans WAWAW

I don’t believe that to be true. I wish it were true. But it there were that many committed fans then it would be cheaper and better to crowdfund the money to buy DC out and sell it to the next billionaire who takes our fancy. 

3 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I not actually worried about him. I'm worried about the consequences. 

Are you not worried about the consequences of him continuing as Chairman/Owner. Where are we going to be if he continues for the next 5 years? Will you accept League Two/National League if it means him continuing? At what point would you accept protests?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing's I'm reading in this thread are more along the lines of a battered wife with a broken nose, two black eyes and blood streaming down her face running  up to people saying 'don't upset him! you'll just make him angry again. Just keep your mouth closed and make sure his tea's on the table by 6pm'

Great post,and bang on the money..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What about teams where the owner didn't learn? 

Chansiri has proven he won't listen or learn. 

Blackburn fans kicked off big time in the process of the decline more than we are now. 

Didn’t they let a chicken loose on the pitch?

Next season we should all lob tins of tuna on...

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

To be fair I don’t blame the groups getting involved, even if it does appear to be a bit of a sham. I suppose it’s the only way they can get to speak to the club to provide feedback (and demand they leave). 

They can't

They have to submit a load of questions - for the club to pick the 3 the Chairman wants to answer.

And thats it

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They can't

They have to submit a load of questions - for the club to pick the 3 the Chairman wants to answer.

And thats it

So if the Fans Club submitted a question such as "We don't own our own ground, we have not got a strategy in place to be successful, don't you think it is time to leave", someone at the club can choose to completely ignore it and Chansiri will not ever see it? The club could choose to just put forward positive comments/questions?

How will he ever know the dissent amongst the fan base?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing's I'm reading in this thread are more along the lines of a battered wife with a broken nose, two black eyes and blood streaming down her face running  up to people saying 'don't upset him! you'll just make him angry again. Just keep your mouth closed and make sure his tea's on the table by 6pm'

This is your website and you run it how you chose. I personally think it’s hyperbole and very distasteful to use analogies about domestic violence (and indeed WW2 for other posters) to stir up how people view an argument about a man who, like it or not, legally owns our club. The debate on all sides is about how best to remove the chairman for the betterment of the club. Painting people who thinks there might be at least a point in trying to remove him in a less disruptive way as domestic abuse apologists, war appeasers etc, might make for a fun sound bite but ultimately doesn’t advance the debate at all. 
But as I say, it’s your website. In the way Sheffield Wednesday is Chansiri’s club. I doubt my reasoned comments will change your mind. Do you think protesting will change Chansiri’s mind?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

So if the Fans Club submitted a question such as "We don't own our own ground, we have not got a strategy in place to be successful, don't you think it is time to leave", someone at the club can choose to completely ignore it and Chansiri will not ever see it? The club could choose to just put forward positive comments/questions?

How will he ever know the dissent amongst the fan base?

Exactly yes

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

This is your website and you run it how you chose. I personally think it’s ~ very distasteful to use analogies about domestic violence (and indeed WW2 for other posters)

You think a picture of Neville Chamberlain waving his famous paper is "very distatseful"

Wow. Snowflake much?

It is often used to demonstrate exactly what it was used to dekmonstrate here. That appeasement is often a waste of time.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Wow. Snowflake much?

(I should point out that I don't think you are a snowflake - I just think you are exaggerating your feelings about that post to try and make a very cheap point)