I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

19 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They can't

They have to submit a load of questions - for the club to pick the 3 the Chairman wants to answer.

And thats it

It does seem like a pointless exercise but at least by following the process and then highlighting the fact that the club are refusing to open dialogue on certain issues they are further evidencing the lack of clarity and engagement. 

Just now, Grandad said:

You think a picture of Neville Chamberlain waving his famous paper is "very distatseful"

Wow. Snowflake much?

It is often used to demonstrate exactly what it was used to dekmonstrate here. That appeasement is often a waste of time.

No. I’m not a snowflake. That’s just the kind of thing people say when they haven’t bothered to listen. 

WW2 was a global conflict. This is a discussion about the best way to move the current chairman away from our club (well it is for me anyway). I find it distasteful that you call me an appeaser or people compare it to battered women in abusive relationships. I am simply trying to ascertain the best way to remove the chairman from his legally held position as owner of the club and think it is advantageous to try to find an out for the Chairman that doesn’t slash and burn the club because I think it will be more harmful than others do. 

I really don’t want to give the appeasement any weight here because Hitlers takeover of the Sudetenland was an illegal act which international powers decided to allow. Chansiri legally owns our football club and trying to get him out without him just leaving us in the crap is not the same thing at all. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Well, given he owns us any out that doesn’t work for DC isn’t going to happen, so basically you are saying we are absolutely stuffed. The only potential good outcome is he puts more money in. Equally unlikely I suspect. 

I don't want him to 'put more money in'.  He would only waste it anyway.

I want the arrogant, stupid, incompetent fool to leave.  And take all his 'hangers on' with him.

Even if it means we have to start again in non-league football.  It would be better than continuing to aimlessly stagger round like the zombie shell of a football club he has turned us into.

And if I hear the phrase 'saving face' ever again, it will be too soon.  He wants embarrassing with what a useless, amateurish buffoon he is in front of all his idle rich mates at every turn.  Maybe then he will ******** off.

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

I don't want him to 'put more money in'.  He would only waste it anyway.

I want the arrogant, stupid, incompetent fool to leave.  And take all his 'hangers on' with him.

Even if it means we have to start again in non-league football.  It would be better than continuing to aimlessly stagger round like the zombie shell of a football club he has turned us into.

And if I hear the phrase 'saving face' ever again, it will be too soon.  He wants embarrassing with what a useless, amateurish buffoon he is in front of all his idle rich mates at every turn.  Maybe then he will ******** off.

How do we get him to leave then?

• Haha 1

I want to know where’s the Respect......?...... Where’s the respect for generations of fans at this club from this business man. He’s so f’ing arrogant. He needs to come out and meet us half way and respect what we hold close to our hearts and have for generations. We get nothing, thins the team out of quality, no manager, sells ground, frivolous spending, crap accounting etc etc the list goes on. 
Come on mr big business man sort this club out and grow some. And another thing before I end my rant....‘he’s not the messiah he is in fact a VERY naughty boy’

40 minutes ago, parajack said:

Wont work? Charlton? Blackpool?....

I'd love to know about the success that Charlton and Blackpool are having since ousting their owners. 

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

No. I’m not a snowflake. That’s just the kind of thing people say when they haven’t bothered to listen. 

WW2 was a global conflict. This is a discussion about the best way to move the current chairman away from our club (well it is for me anyway). I find it distasteful that you call me an appeaser or people compare it to battered women in abusive relationships. I am simply trying to ascertain the best way to remove the chairman from his legally held position as owner of the club and think it is advantageous to try to find an out for the Chairman that doesn’t slash and burn the club because I think it will be more harmful than others do. 

I really don’t want to give the appeasement any weight here because Hitlers takeover of the Sudetenland was an illegal act which international powers decided to allow. Chansiri legally owns our football club and trying to get him out without him just leaving us in the crap is not the same thing at all. 

What would be a successful out for Chansiri? As I see it, the only one he would accept would be to receive every penny he has put in. I don't think he would accept a loss. I don't ever see that happening as the value of the club is nowhere near that amount as he has wasted loads.

If the fans are to pay it, why should we pay for his failures and if it is £200m, can you see 20,000 fans paying £10,000 each so that Chansiri can receive that money back?

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sounds very familiar. Replace Anderson with Paixao for example.

Seems like a story of a businessman with good intentions but no football knowledge making mistake after mistake due to having the wrong people around him. 

Very familiar as you say. Took 10 years to get it on a seemingly more sound footing and a season in League One. What are we now, in the 7th year of this ownership and heading the same way? 

Signs at Blackburn perhaps that lessons can be learned eventually but 10 years is a long time in the football world. 

Just now, owl_83 said:

What would be a successful out for Chansiri? As I see it, the only one he would accept would be to receive every penny he has put in. I don't think he would accept a loss. I don't ever see that happening as the value of the club is nowhere near that amount as he has wasted loads.

If the fans are to pay it, why should we pay for his failures and if it is £200m, can you see 20,000 fans paying £10,000 each so that Chansiri can receive that money back?

I can’t see that either. So if that’s what you think is his only out then what? If I agree with you and have to look at the next step I would say try to find a way of getting him to step back, put someone else in charge and try to increase the value of the club over time by spending a bit of money over the next few years to get us into shape to sell at a higher price. 

34 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Ground "worth" £60m

Club valued at £30m

Who will pay £90m upwards for us for ?  and thats basic isnt it ?  Not including the possibility of the Chairman upping the price to claw back what he's put in ?

The ground isn’t worth £60m, it hasn’t cost Chansiri £60m. 
Sell yourself your own back garden for £60m. Have you suddenly got £60m? Has it cost you £60m? Is it worth £60m? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

This is your website and you run it how you chose. I personally think it’s hyperbole and very distasteful to use analogies about domestic violence (and indeed WW2 for other posters) to stir up how people view an argument about a man who, like it or not, legally owns our club. The debate on all sides is about how best to remove the chairman for the betterment of the club. Painting people who thinks there might be at least a point in trying to remove him in a less disruptive way as domestic abuse apologists, war appeasers etc, might make for a fun sound bite but ultimately doesn’t advance the debate at all. 
But as I say, it’s your website. In the way Sheffield Wednesday is Chansiri’s club. I doubt my reasoned comments will change your mind. Do you think protesting will change Chansiri’s mind?

PC mate in my view, no reason whatsoever not to use such analogies...what a WOKE world we live in.....by the way,your comments are not allegedly'reasoned; at all are they? they are full of your own value judgments,? & implied criticism of others choice of words?.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Seems like a story of a businessman with good intentions but no football knowledge making mistake after mistake due to having the wrong people around him. 

Very familiar as you say. Took 10 years to get it on a seemingly more sound footing and a season in League One. What are we now, in the 7th year of this ownership and heading the same way? 

Signs at Blackburn perhaps that lessons can be learned eventually but 10 years is a long time in the football world. 

But at the same time each individual case is different.

Just because Blackburn appear to eventually have some stability and chance of progression, doesn’t mean the same scenario will play out at Wednesday.

Also, someone correct me if I’m mistaken, but it seems as if it’s clear where Blackburn’s funding is coming from. I’m not too sure if DC has the same wealth. I know his family are very wealthy, but are they the ones funding SWFC or is it Dejphon himself? 

• Like 1