I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I think you know I'm not saying any of that. I want what's best for Swfc but with this particular guy I don't happen to think grandads approach will help at all in the future. I want him gone but I don't want him gone with spite in his heart because he could fold us. 

I believe there will always be a Sheffield Wednesday, regardless of what Chansiri can do to us.

Sheffield Wednesday isn't about Chansiri, and it isnt even about the incorporation papers from 1867 (lets pretend they are from 1867 for the purposes of this)

Sheffield Wednesday is about you and me, all of the other fans, our families, and grandparents (who were probably responsible for cursing us with this love) and it WILL survive in whatever shape or form that might take.

If Chansiri folded us - it would just be another chapter in the book

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The only out that would work for DC would be to sell at his valuation. I just can’t see anyone paying what DC probably thinks it is worth. 

Well, given he owns us any out that doesn’t work for DC isn’t going to happen, so basically you are saying we are absolutely stuffed. The only potential good outcome is he puts more money in. Equally unlikely I suspect. 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I believe there will always be a Sheffield Wednesday, regardless of what Chansiri can do to us.

Sheffield Wednesday isn't about Chansiri, and it isnt even about the incorporation papers from 1867 (lets pretend they are from 1867 for the purposes of this)

Sheffield Wednesday is about you and me, all of the other fans, our families, and grandparents (who were probably responsible for cursing us with this love) and it WILL survive in whatever shape or form that might take.

Fair enough. I don't agree. If we fold and lose our ground, there's no way back imo. It's a dangerous game you play. 

1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

Spite? No. Incompetence, yes. When he goes I don't want him spiteful. That's my point. 

He already is !

he was born that way to treat anyone he regards as " lesser " with utter contempt.
We are nothing to people like him.  
He didn't wake up one morning and say, 

" I Love Sheffield Wednesday ! "  " I Love the fans " 

he didn't give a throw, he's been led by the nose by " advisors " and thought he'd become part of the Thai
Success story in British football so he could swan about back home.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I want that to be true but I don’t think it is. I think in 2021 liquidation means the end. We won’t be like Rangers starting again at the bottom to triumphantly win the league however many years later. We won’t have a ground. I want a better outcome. The current regime is an unmitigated failure. But at some point a solution has to be found that isn’t just starting from scratch after going out of business. 

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I want that to be true but I don’t think it is. I think in 2021 liquidation means the end. We won’t be like Rangers starting again at the bottom to triumphantly win the league however many years later. We won’t have a ground. I want a better outcome. The current regime is an unmitigated failure. But at some point a solution has to be found that isn’t just starting from scratch after going out of business. 

This is the equivlent of posting that if Joey Pelupessy doesn't get picked to play in midfield next game then he might drop dead

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Bang on. 

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I read this while imagining the dramatic music that plays at the end of The Dark Knight

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Well, given he owns us any out that doesn’t work for DC isn’t going to happen, so basically you are saying we are absolutely stuffed. The only potential good outcome is he puts more money in. Equally unlikely I suspect. 

This is why I think we stand a good chance of not having a club to support this time next year. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

This is the equivlent of posting that if Joey Pelupessy doesn't get picked to play in midfield next game then he might drop dead

Yeah. Your right. It’s exactly that. I’m a fool and your a genius. Sorry for posting realistic sensible suggestions to at least try to do something to see how a productive way out might be found. At the end of the day you can prove as long as you want that we are all wrong. But it doesn’t help. 
DC has to go. But slashing and burning won’t help us have a club to support.