I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

I can't believe any fan or fan group has got involved in it. You're legitimising the club and it's leadership.

Every one of the groups should get together to prepare a joint statement (should they all think the same), say their piece first at the meeting, then leave the meeting. 

See if the statement appears in the minutes that come out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Every one of the groups should get together to prepare a joint statement (should they all think the same), say their piece first at the meeting, then leave the meeting. 

See if the statement appears in the minutes that come out. 

This is more like it. Do it with reason rather than slinging mud. Would be ideal to get a respected ex player or similar involved to be a figurehead. It's important Chansiri can save face, especially back home I imagine. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

This is more like it. Do it with reason rather than slinging mud. Would be ideal to get a respected ex player or similar involved to be a figurehead. It's important Chansiri can save face, especially back home I imagine. 

Someone like Chris Turner

I think any fan group will mean well,  But look who you have to deal with , Thai culture is about saving face ,Never admit you are wrong ,I have a friend he worked for a company in Thailand  Telecommunication ,He said at first it was ok ,He told the owner about something that could improve the company ,He said the owner said ,NO . He told me the way they are in Thailand , Rather than admit they are wrong ,They would rather the firm go to the wall . Feel sorry for Neil and the other coaches , They are working with players most do not care they are leaving any way .

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Someone like Chris Turner

One thing about Chris I Will never forget ,He was our first team Goalkeeper ,17 or 18 at the time ,Wednesday match day program ,He was asked ,Chris if were not playing for Wednesday what would you be doing ,His reply stood on the  Kop supporting the Owls with my mates .

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

But it won't get you anywhere with Chansiri. Consider everything he's shown himself to be up until now. He'll dig in further. All you will achieve is to make yourself feel a little better.  

Engagement is the only thing that could possibly help, no matter how hard that may be. 

I'll say it because you seem to need it. 

'That grandad, he was right 4 years ago, we should have all listened to him' 

However, that achieves diddly squat. And neither will digging him in further. Without a golden buyer for the club we are in the brown stuff. His departure should be managed with kid gloves to leave us with even a shred of a chance of having a future. It's that bad. 

How will your way help? 

When has appeasement ever worked?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Posts like this. Who the bloody hell do you think you are? You should do this and You should do that. 

You're not the messiah @Grandadno matter your delusions of grandeur.

We are on the slippery slope and relegation is surely favourite now. You obviously fancy a bit of placard waving and shoe throwing and that's fine, that's your thing. But please stop with the rabble rousing. It's not going to help. It's never helped any club in the precarious position we find ourselves in. In fact, where Chansiri is concerned, I'm very confident that your kind of protest will leave us worse off when he eventually goes, rather than better off. 

That's my view but I'm not going to tell people what they should be doing and thinking. 

Christ almighty

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

But it won't get you anywhere with Chansiri. Consider everything he's shown himself to be up until now. He'll dig in further. All you will achieve is to make yourself feel a little better.  

Engagement is the only thing that could possibly help, no matter how hard that may be.  

Posts like this. Who the bloody hell do you think you are? You should do this and You should do that. 

You're not the messiah no matter your delusions of grandeur.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Chansiri owns Sheffield Wednesday.  Many people wish he didn’t. He has shown no inclination to sell the club. he has shown no inclination (or maybe no ability- through lack of funds or financial restrictions) to put more money in. If DC just walks away we probably go into liquidation.

To move things forward DC either needs to sell (at a huge loss) or put more money in (more losses). He also needs to run things differently either by changing his own actions or appointing someone else to do it on his behalf. 

Its a complex situation compounded by cultural differences and geographical distance. To top it off we are just starting to come out of a global pandemic.

In truth taking an extremely aggressive position and just shouting at DC probably won’t work. It might make some people feel better and it also probably won’t actually make things worse but it’s unlikely to be effective because it’s easy to ignore. Particularly from another continent. There just isn’t a good outcome that doesn’t involve at least some engagement from the Chairman.

Someone needs to find an ‘out’ that works for DC as well as for us. Otherwise a long protracted period of misery awaits us all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"don't upset the chairman who's been disrespecting you all and taking the absolute pi££ out of you all for the last five years. It's important to show him total respect because he's got a bit more money than you. Know your place. Keep doffing your hats and bowing and scraping and accept anything thrown your way. And always always ALWAYS remember to give him a standing ovation at fans forums"

I think you know I'm not saying any of that. I want what's best for Swfc but with this particular guy I don't happen to think grandads approach will help at all in the future. I want him gone but I don't want him gone with spite in his heart because he could fold us. 

• Like 1

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Chansiri owns Sheffield Wednesday.  Many people wish he didn’t. He has shown no inclination to sell the club. he has shown no inclination (or maybe no ability- through lack of funds or financial restrictions) to put more money in. If DC just walks away we probably go into liquidation.

To move things forward DC either needs to sell (at a huge loss) or put more money in (more losses). He also needs to run things differently either by changing his own actions or appointing someone else to do it on his behalf. 

Its a complex situation compounded by cultural differences and geographical distance. To top it off we are just starting to come out of a global pandemic.

In truth taking an extremely aggressive position and just shouting at DC probably won’t work. It might make some people feel better and it also probably won’t actually make things worse but it’s unlikely to be effective because it’s easy to ignore. Particularly from another continent. There just isn’t a good outcome that doesn’t involve at least some engagement from the Chairman.

Someone needs to find an ‘out’ that works for DC as well as for us. Otherwise a long protracted period of misery awaits us all. 

The only out that would work for DC would be to sell at his valuation. I just can’t see anyone paying what DC probably thinks it is worth. 

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I think you know I'm not saying any of that. I want what's best for Swfc but with this particular guy I don't happen to think grandads approach will help at all in the future. I want him gone but I don't want him gone with spite in his heart because he could fold us. 

You think he doesn't have spite in his heart towards our fanbase?

If this is him NOT being spiteful then I'm surprised you're defending him so robustly

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop