I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Stop putting money in his pocket ffs. Do not pay for Wednesdays I follow, buy the opposition teams  instead. Stop buying merchandise from the club shop. 

That is about all we can do right now. Hit him in the pocket. 

I suspect this has been happening for a while anyway.

More than half of our fans asked for their money back on the last ticket sales, fans across the country are not buying I-follow in any significant numbers, I can't imagine merchandise sales are keeping anything ticking over. 

I've still got £25 worth of vouchers (I think, it hasn't been communicated that well) but don't have a great desire to put that towards anything right now never mind pay outright for what is on offer. 

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Oh dear.

You wouldn't be chansiri's lapdog at the club would you ?

No. I’m trying to find good and productive ways to remove the chairman without him just bankrupting us. I’ve never even met Chansiri or had any kind of dogging experience. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

No. I’m trying to find good and productive ways to remove the chairman without him just bankrupting us. I’ve never even met Chansiri or had any kind of dogging experience. 

Greno Woods, this Saturday 9pm. All welcome 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It was more about your childish response to it

But I think you knew that as well

Honestly Grandad. I just want things to change. When I say ‘do it’ if you believe it will work I mean it. Do it. I’d love it if it worked. If it was that simple. But I think things are very complex and very hard to get out of the hole we are in. 

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Honestly Grandad. I just want things to change. When I say ‘do it’ if you believe it will work I mean it. Do it. I’d love it if it worked. If it was that simple. But I think things are very complex and very hard to get out of the hole we are in. 

I havent got the time (and I certainly don't have the inclination) to get involved in club politics again. Been there, got the t-shirt, the legal bills, and all the scars from attacks by fans who felt that Dave Allen and Kaven Walker should have been left alone to mastermind our march into the Champions League.

I aint going there again.

But IMHO Chansiri is a far greater threat to the future of SWFC than Dave Allen ever was.

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I havent got the time (and I certainly don't have the inclination) to get involved in club politics again. Been there, got the t-shirt, the legal bills, and all the scars from attacks by fans who felt that Dave Allen and Kaven Walker should have been left alone to mastermind our march into the Champions League.

But IMHO Chansiri is a far greater threat to the future of SWFC than Dave Allen ever was.

That’s the lunacy of it all. I agree but think we need something way way more detailed and thought through to achieve moving forward from where we are. Honestly, I don’t think it can be done. We sold our soul. You can’t just unsell it. 

The idea of putting together facts is decent. but unfortunately what I, and others seem to, think are the bigger problems are still shrouded in secrecy. Listing ridiculous ticket pricing, criticisms of fans is fairly daming, but what really needs to happen is someone being able to find out about Paxaio and any others who seem to have leverage behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The idea of putting together facts is decent. but unfortunately what I, and others seem to, think are the bigger problems are still shrouded in secrecy. Listing ridiculous ticket pricing, criticisms of fans is fairly daming, but what really needs to happen is someone being able to find out about Paxaio and any others who seem to have leverage behind the scenes.

That won't happen because it's deliberately kept as secretive as possible

Plus I'd expect litigation from any publication that did probe too much

But a web page with a list with date, what Chansiri said or did on that day would be more than enough to do a job to raise relevant issues stemming from the chairmans running of the club

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Appreciate the honesty, our lass will be disappointed.

And thanks for taking my comment in good humour lol

I appreciate what you are saying, but this Narcissist of a Chairman, will not listen to anyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That won't happen because it's deliberately kept as secretive as possible

Plus I'd expect litigation from any publication that did probe too much

But a web page with a list with date, what Chansiri said or did on that day would be more than enough to do a job to raise relevant issues stemming from the chairmans running of the club

I agree with the first two sentences, unfortunately not the third. I think just being shown to be a poor chairman, not averse to making promises he couldn't keep and having dreadful PR skills, is enough to blow this open. It will be preaching to the choir - the only ones who will take notice will be pretty much aware of it all anyway.

And no, unfortunately I don't have a better idea short of vainly begging the nationals to take notice and dig a little more deeply.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I agree with the first two sentences, unfortunately not the third. I think just being shown to be a poor chairman, not averse to making promises he couldn't keep and having dreadful PR skills, is enough to blow this open. It will be preaching to the choir - the only ones who will take notice will be pretty much aware of it all anyway. 

Disagree

Over time some of the most ardent Chansiri backing fans have seen and realised they've been taken for mugs and changed their position to being vehemently against him

People aren't aware of the facts 

A list of date, what he said/did on that date would be absolutely undeniable facts

A long long list (and it is a long long list) would also show it's not just the latest thing to go 'ah well be reyt'

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It really is quite incredible that something like that last sentence could ever have been said about a chairman of our club. And all the more remarkable that it should come from someone who has the history with Allen and his minions that you do. But it's becoming the cold and brutal truth.

For a long period our boards were handcuffed by the situation they had inherited following the squandering of the Charterhouse investment and were just trying to keep us going until salvation could somehow be stumbled upon. This one has created those very conditions and seems to be doing almost nothing to find a resolution to any of them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

It really is quite incredible that something like that last sentence could ever have been said about a chairman of our club. And all the more remarkable that it should come from someone who has the history with Allen and his minions that you do. But it's becoming the cold and brutal truth.

For a long period our boards were handcuffed by the situation they had inherited following the squandering of the Charterhouse investment and were just trying to keep us going until salvation could somehow be stumbled upon. This one has created those very conditions and seems to be doing almost nothing to find a resolution to any of them. 

I knew you would all see the light on DA eventually .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree

Over time some of the most ardent Chansiri backing fans have seen and realised they've been taken for mugs and changed their position to being vehemently against him

People aren't aware of the facts 

A list of date, what he said/did on that date would be absolutely undeniable facts

A long long list (and it is a long long list) would also show it's not just the latest thing to go 'ah well be reyt'

But even those who have already, or would subsequently, see the truth of the situation, are within the bubble of being Wednesday fans. I genuinely think it needs to go beyond us if any pressure is to be exerted on DC. As it is, it's self-contained and he can just shut down any dissent. 

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not measuring apples and pears. You used Blackpool and Charlton as examples. While Blackpool and Chalrton fans may well be happy to have seen the back of owners who were running the club badly, they have hardly gone on to become success stories under new owners. Chalrton very nearly ended up going straight into administration not long after they had got what they wanted. 

You literally couldn’t be further wrong here. The differences at both clubs now is staggering. And I speak with friends who are ST at both clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

But even those who have already, or would subsequently, see the truth of the situation, are within the bubble of being Wednesday fans. I genuinely think it needs to go beyond us if any pressure is to be exerted on DC. As it is, it's self-contained and he can just shut down any dissent. 

Dissent isn't shut down by Chansiri

It's shut down by the head nodding Wednesday fans that STILL back Chansiri

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

There’s been numerous stages over the years where I thought the penny would drop with tb fan base. I’m still shocked that the EFL hearing report is public and fans who have read it still support chansiri. Yet they go ape poo about a player getting sent off or having a poor game

• Like 1