I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I want that to be true but I don’t think it is. I think in 2021 liquidation means the end. We won’t be like Rangers starting again at the bottom to triumphantly win the league however many years later. We won’t have a ground. I want a better outcome. The current regime is an unmitigated failure. But at some point a solution has to be found that isn’t just starting from scratch after going out of business. 

I don't share that pessimism

The only way Chansiri can see any kind of return for the money he has pee'd up against the wall is either

a. renting Hillsborough to a sub tenant

b. selling Hillsborough

Either way that leaves an opportunity to re-write the ownership into a new club.

I'd be amazed if even a non-League Sheffield Wednesday, fighting its way back up through the divisions in the same way Wimbledon did - couldn't attract a minimum of 15k people who would want to be part of that journey.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"don't upset the chairman who's been disrespecting you all and taking the absolute pi££ out of you all for the last five years. It's important to show him total respect because he's got a bit more money than you. Know your place. Keep doffing your hats and bowing and scraping and accept anything thrown your way. And always always ALWAYS remember to give him a standing ovation at fans forums"

Bang on mate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Chansiri has already taken the ground, He’s running the playing side down isn’t investing in the infrastructure either. I can’t believe people still want to engage with him, the guy is like a disease here. He needs extraction like a rotten tooth along with all the detritus he has brought to the club. 

I would take a clean slate and rebuild over the slow and very painful death he is bringing to S6.

• Like 2

Just now, Grandad said:

The only way Chansiri can see any kind of return for the money he has pee'd up against the wall is either

b. selling Hillsborough

Either way that leaves an opportunity to re-write the ownership into a new club.

I'd be amazed if even a non-League Sheffield Wednesday, fighting its way back up through the divisions in the same way Wimbledon did - couldn't attract a minimum of 15k people who would want to be part of that journey.

First thing I'd do if I was a new owner of this club would be to move to a new ground 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't see why anyone would have problems with fans groups speaking to Chansiri.

Don't have to agree or even like the bloke to find some common ground.

I don't think there's a problem it's just that it all seems a waste of time going on previous meetings.

• Like 2

The thing to remember in life is that there are rarely clearly right options and wrong options. Sometimes all you have are a bunch of really bad options. 

I don’t think that hounding DC out is a “good” option, but I do think it might be the least “bad” option. I don’t think it has much chance of working, but I think it has more chance of saving our club than the other, realistic, options. 

• Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why not?
What's the current tactic of applauding him and defending him done?

Nothing. It’s done nothing. But flipping the other way and advocating he just sods off and bankrupts the club and keeps our ground isn’t going to help either. I’m not even suggesting a ‘middle ground’ but there has to be something in it for Chansiri, even if it’s a more palatable out!

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Even easier to start saying 'oooh don't upset Chansiri otherwise the club will disappear' to try and instill total compliance with whatever the chairman continues to do, by sowing fear and doubt into people

Christ almighty 

13 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Spite? No. Incompetence, yes. When he goes I don't want him spiteful. That's my point. 

Every time he opens his mouth for a mad rant at his "customers" he is full of spite. The man cannot accept criticism and shows Utter contempt for the supporters. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

First thing I'd do if I was a new owner of this club would be to move to a new ground 

Plenty of ground sharing opportunities locally to allow that to happen

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

b. selling Hillsborough

That’s where we differ and that what drives my thoughts to try to find a way of moving Chansiri on that doesn’t bankrupt the club a no leave us groundless. I think your optimism is misplaced. To succeed you need younger people. And I don’t think you would get them to support a club as you describe. I am as passionate as anyone about the club. But I want it to survive so I can go to support it. With my Dad and my Kids. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, CircleSeven said:

That’s where we differ and that what drives my thoughts to try to find a way of moving Chansiri on that doesn’t bankrupt the club a no leave us groundless. I think your optimism is misplaced. To succeed you need younger people. And I don’t think you would get them to support a club as you describe. I am as passionate as anyone about the club. But I want it to survive so I can go to support it. With my Dad and my Kids. 

We'll agree to differ

I personally know that my kids and grandkids will follow Sheffield Wednesday Football Club in whatever guise it takes on.

If thats not at Hillsborough - so be it. But I'd rather it was.

This club has sufficient love in this city not to ever die. There will be people who keep it going and resurrect it 

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep we all love Hillsborough but if a new owner came in and said they would build a new state of the art 25k seater stadium with room for future expansion that will bring in new revenue streams then it would be good news.   

• Like 2

Just now, Grandad said:

We'll agree to differ

I personally know that my kids and grandkids will follow Sheffield Wednesday Football Club in whatever guise it takes on.

If thats not at Hillsborough - so be it. But I'd rather it was.

This club has sufficient love in this city not to ever die. There will be people who keep it going and resurrect it 

I hope we never have to find out who is right.