BREAKING - Barry Bannan signs new contract till 2023

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This isn't going to go down well with those who've told us for the last few seasons that we need to get rid of him to improve

There will be a few livid folk today that's for sure when they see our best player has signed to stay

Neil we could have just secured back to back Premier League titles and going in to the champions league final in Madrid and there would still be a few livid folk on here 

lol

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

My thoughts exactly.... would prefer both tbh

Hard for me to get too excited about renewing the contract of a 31 year old who’s been here for years now. 

Much rather we invest in our youth.

I love Bazza don’t get me wrong. But by no means softens the blow of losing our brightest young prospect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

I’m over the moon about this - he’s a top player. 

Can those saying we should have kept Shaw and discarded Bannan please realise that Bannan has shown loyalty? 

Or just keep Shaw completely out of it altogether. This threads about Bannan signing on, but the same posters CANT WAIT to get in their twopence about Shaw 

Just give it a rest for one bleeding moment 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

I’m over the moon about this - he’s a top player. 

Can those saying we should have kept Shaw and discarded Bannan please realise that Bannan has shown loyalty? 

Loyalty hahaa

Whose he turning down for us? 

He's got it made here

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ - wish I'd never asked now

I commented 'No' to you Neil.

My response was in connection to the comment which said  '6 months from 35' which is completely untrue.

He's 33 when his contract expires. That's the same age as Fletcher NOW (34 in a month) whom everyone was 'frothing' to re sign in the summer.

• Like 1