Swansea game called off

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You do know that at some point we will have to play this game right, more than likely our next opponents after the rearranged fixture won't have played at the same time so that will be disadvantage The Owls when it comes around.

Following government advice, look at short-term gain !

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Why can’t it be rearranged for Sunday when the weather is milder. That’s what happened with Rovrum. V Derby right?

So we call the season off?

Do we still have the undersoil heating and if so has anybody asked why it has not been used? Shouldn't we be fined for not doing everything to make the game go ahead? Surely if we have a method that allows the game to continue, we have to use it? 

As others have said, I think we have messed up by putting the game back. We had extra days rest and now a fixture pile-up.

I wonder if the club are going to elborate? 

23 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

if the soil is like concrete, do you seriously think that a few hours approaching 5deg on Sunday will cure things?

Reminds me of the golfers who cannot see white frost on the greens, and get the mump on when temps are in use.

I would say there's a good chance by 3pm tomorrow it will be playable, yes.

22 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally think it’s a great time to play Swansea. Just had the run around from City in the cup. We would be fresher. Shame.

Why is it ? They weren't expected to beat Man City who are in magnificent form. Swanseas league form currently is really good and I wasn't really looking forward to this game so with the Stoke game coming up this might be a well earned rest for that game, let's just hope Stoke have a few suspensions and injuries today.

By the way I think its the EFL that makes the final decision isn't it ? 

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Why is it ? They weren't expected to beat Man City who are in magnificent form. Swanseas league form currently is really good and I wasn't really looking forward to this game so with the Stoke game coming up this might be a well earned rest for that game, let's just hope Stoke have a few suspensions and injuries today.

By the way I think its the EFL that makes the final decision isn't it ? 

The way people are going on like this is a good thing, I’m fully expecting us to absolute batter Stoke. If we don’t, it will turn out a shame this game didn’t go ahead and a lot of people will look silly. A chance to carry on our excellent home form.

And yes it’s the EFL’s decision if it’s postponed.

Edited by SallyCinnamon