Swansea game called off

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Great photo. Not seen it before.  Layne, Swan, Springett, McAnearney, Johnson. megson.  At West Brom.   Guessing 1962-3 season.   

was looking for eric taylor warming his hands on the brazier on a snow bound hillsboro pitch and stumbled on this  on  awest brom site ....think it was one of only 4 games that survived that day .... looking in the book we didnt play another league game for 7 weeks after this one . ......and the schools never shut .

Just when you think the club under DC can sink no lower, he finds a whole new level.

A club with under soil hearing and an artificial pitch has no excuses. There will be an EFL investigation and it could lead to a fine or points deductions.

Just when the team start doing something positive on the pitch, there he is again to throw a spanner in the works, I am starting to think he's a blade. No one could be this incompetent all the time.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

More likely that Rotherham don’t have undersoil heating and we’re too skint to turn ours on and maintain it. And that we don’t have anyone in Sheffield running the club keeping on top of it.

Are you saying the weather in Sheffield is colder than it is in Blackburn, Huddersfield, Nottingham or Derby?

It was -23 in Aberdeen this week yet their game against st mirren is still on.

It's about 20+ degrees warmer in Sheffield yet we have a frozen pitch. Go figure.

Given our home form, I prefer the chances of keeping the run, and confidence, going against Birmingham rather than Swansea. The Birmingham game is far more important too. I wouldn't fancy our chances against Swansea. They're in fantastic form and look even better with some of the January signings they've made. Conor Hourihane - who they rested on Wednesday - is off to a fantastic start. They took several key players off relatively early against City and they don't seem to have much in the way of injury issues. I don't think they would have suffered much over having had a day's less rest than us given their squad and fitness. 

Again with Birmingham in mind, if we have one less fixture ahead of that one, then I think it's a good thing. It helps with our preparations for Stoke too. Birmingham play away to Millwall on Wednesday which is a less than ideal for them before facing us away as well,  so hopefully we can take advantage of the extra day's rest and preparation in that particular instance. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, BIG D said:

No they don’t 

Thanks

I wasnt sure if the other 14 posts from people saying the same could be trusted

Edited by Grandad