Salary Cap Scrapped

At least we won't be forced to adhere to a salary cap *if* we get relegated. An independent panel has found they're unlawful and unenforceable and they've been immediately withdrawn from League 1 and League 2.

https://www.timesandstar.co.uk/sport/national/19076524.salary-caps-leagues-one-two-withdrawn-following-arbitration-panel-ruling/

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YESSSSSSS

We're gonna walk that league

Quick, let's get a fresh coat of paint on the old beauty.... prepare to launch HMS pee league one.

Seriously if the worst happens this is probably good news for us

What happens to the players on capped salaries who want a pay rise for parity with others from clubs with no income? Got to feel for the league one and two teams and their players, could get really messy

• Like 1

The salary cap of £2.5 million was completely unfair anyway.

Sure its fine for clubs like Rochdale and Gillingham that  will struggle to have a wage budget of £2.5 million anyway, but there has to be some advantage to clubs like Sunderland and Hull who get bigger crowds and could possibly easily afford a larger wage budget.

• Like 1

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Helps the bigger clubs that have been poor enough to end up in L1, but I don't think it's good for clubs in general as they strive to survive with very limited revenue and little help from Boris and his pals.

You are right but sod em! We are one of the bigger clubs who are poor enough to end up in L1 so we need all the help we can get! If it turns out a salary cap would have been better for us I will shamelessly campaign for its reinstatement! I’m that shallow! 

• Thanks 1