Penney

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

Solid game today. Much better than against Coventry.

Best crosser from open play we have at the club. Crosses don't always find a man, but he whips them into the right areas with pace, which our strikers aren't used to. Give him a run of games and he'll get assists. 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Thought he started poorly but gradually improved.

Wouid rather Reach on that side though.

It's a tricky one. I thought Penney grew into the game. 

Overall though Reach should really have the left hand slot nailed down. 

But much as i have always stuck up for him, I did find myself exhaling deeply and muttering a bit today about some of Reachs' dangly leg tackling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

But much as i have always stuck up for him, I did find myself exhaling deeply and muttering a bit today about some of Reachs' dangly leg tackling.

Agreed, but I just think Reach just constantly turns into trouble on the right. Instinctively, he is half a second faster with his decision making and delivery from the left.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Agreed, but I just think Reach just constantly turns into trouble on the right. Instinctively, he is half a second faster with his decision making and delivery from the left.

Oh , I agree. I fully prefer him on the left.

Just not sure about the defensive responsibility. 

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Thought he started poorly but gradually improved.

Wouid rather Reach on that side though.

There is absolutely no chance Reach will be here next season. We can’t offer him an improved contract. A championship team will based on him being a free agent and the highlights reel that his agent will send out. IMO  it’s time to give Penney an extended run in the team and try and convince him to resign if he does well. 

• Like 2

Given the covid and current financial situations, while I agree Reach is likely a little better, but is also earning probably 5 times more at least.

Pending the new contract offerings to Reach and Penney (if one is offered), personally I'd rather we lined up next season with Penney in the team and another step towards sustainable bank accounts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Reach is poor off the ball and has a wide turning circle. Too easy to beat. 

• Like 1

I'm going against the grain here - but ultimately I think he has a position in centre midfield.    Only just good enough defensively, but has a sweet foot.    He also doesn't have to rush his game.

I know i've just agreed with Jos saying this, but honestly I think it's his best position.