Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I still can’t get my head around the whole situation. I don’t think I have ever heard of a scenario where a club has let a player go once out of contract only to re-sign them half a year later. 
Prior to him leaving he was frozen out for reasons no one seems to understand.

How does this series of events happen?

A bit odd yes, but I suppose we will be resigning him on a significantly lower wage. We will have signed two players, him and Green, both of whom we could have had since the start of the season

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I still can’t get my head around the whole situation. I don’t think I have ever heard of a scenario where a club has let a player go once out of contract only to re-sign them half a year later. 

Paul Scholes at Man Utd, Carlton Cole at West Ham, Stuart Downing at Blackburn?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The failure to appoint the right manager after the sacking of Monk, means that, sadly, once again it’s all about short term fixes. We all want a plan, some long term vision, but we just seem to limp from one quick fix to another. The summer will be the time to remodel the project

Please speak for your self.I certainly dont want a long term vision or plan.I want an immediate improvement  in results,style of football and promotion to prem. I get sick and tired of people saying they want long term plans,for a start i dont know what they are but i dont want to wait for success,i am too old for that.

41 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

What defensive midfield cover would people like us to sign if it’s not Hutchinson? Just curious what names people think we can attract/afford and who will want to join a circus of a football club 

Clowns?

2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Well summed up by Bannan:

He's a top player

He would help the club

He can play in numerous positions

He's a winner

Top player 🤣🤣

He's an average second tier central midfielder and was a decent centre back and that was 3-4 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He's a top player

He would help the club

He's a winner

BB? your confident than he will be here next year? I dont give his comments any credibility at all,as despite being Club Captain ,he has been offered a new contract,and hasn't allegedly signed it.

If he leaves next year,its the supporters &new Manager that will be left to deal with any poor signings now

Your living in the past mate in your analysis of SH

Edited by parajack

As I said before, if the plan is to continue playing 3-5-2, this is an obvious move. We don't have anyone who is particularly comfortable in the central centre-back role (and Iorfa is injured), we are relying on Joey Pelupessy as the deepest of the three midfielders (and Luongo is injured). He's better than what we have, and we're in a relegation fight.

For those talking about Shaw - this will help him. He won't get burned out by having to play every minute of every game, and Shaw has been playing as one of the wide centre-backs or the further forward central midfield players so not likely to be competing for the same position in a 3-5-2.

Only risk is his fitness - but he's missed fewer games than most for injury reasons these past few seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

BB? your confident than he will be here next year? I dont give his comments any credibility at all,as despite being Club Captain ,he has been offered a new contract,and hasn't allegedly signed it.

If he leaves next year,its the supporters &new Manager that will be left to deal with any poor signings now

I think he wants to be here next year, but he obviously is too good a player to be playing in League One. So if he does sign a contract I wouldn't be surprised if there is a relegation release clause.

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Hopefully puts to bed the ridiculous rumours that Hutchinson was a ‘bad egg’.

Think Bannan just being polite. Hardly going to criticise a player in public who might be a team mate tomorrow.
I dont know if 'Hutch' was a bad egg but did come across as having a bit of an ego on him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

As I said before, if the plan is to continue playing 3-5-2, this is an obvious move. We don't have anyone who is particularly comfortable in the central centre-back role (and Iorfa is injured), we are relying on Joey Pelupessy as the deepest of the three midfielders (and Luongo is injured). He's better than what we have, and we're in a relegation fight.

For those talking about Shaw - this will help him. He won't get burned out by having to play every minute of every game, and Shaw has been playing as one of the wide centre-backs or the further forward central midfield players so not likely to be competing for the same position in a 3-5-2.

Only risk is his fitness - but he's missed fewer games than most for injury reasons these past few seasons.

What about the bigger picture?? someone has to manage that dressing room with certain 'alleged' big ego's.......having turned something around,(or began to) you than recreate the alleged problem??????

crazy

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A bit odd yes, but I suppose we will be resigning him on a significantly lower wage. We will have signed two players, him and Green, both of whom we could have had since the start of the season

Or by signing them both in this window we've likely done so on much better terms for us. Both players probably had other options in the summer so would have demanded higher wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Bannan just being polite. Hardly going to criticise a player in public who might be a team mate tomorrow.
I dont know if 'Hutch' was a bad egg but did come across as having a bit of an ego on him.

Well he went over the top if he was just being polite! 

A lot of good players and winners have ego’s. It’s why they’re good footballers. Rather have someone with an ego who wants to win, than someone quiet and happy to just pick up a wage. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hopefully puts to bed the ridiculous rumours that Hutchinson was a ‘bad egg’.

What do you expect him to say?

"So Barry we are hearing reports of Sam Hutchinson rejoining you at SWFC"

BB - " I hope not,  he only managed to play 10 games in 3 months in the Cypriot league. I said if we didn't invest in the squad I would leave. See you later"

"thanks Barry"

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Your living in the past mate in your analysis of SH

No idea if Bannan will sign.  I guess it will depend on dollar and whether we stay up.

I assume Hutchinson would sign until the end of the season not on a long term contract.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Hutchinson.  I, like Bannan, think he's a top player.  Would prefer him to play in defence whch I think is his best and more natural position. I would also not play him 3 matches in a week like we always do to reduce the chance of him getting injured.

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

What about the bigger picture?? someone has to manage that dressing room with certain 'alleged' big ego's.......having turned something around,(or began to) you than recreate the alleged problem??????

crazy

Pure speculation. You don't know what's going on in the dressing room.

Two people who know most about the dressing room are Neil Thompson and Lee Bullen. Thompson presumably okayed this transfer, Bullen immediately recalled Hutchinson after Jos left.

9 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He's a top player

He would help the club

He's a winner

If Thompson is going to get the job and wants him back then so be it If it is also because he can help with coaching then that would make sense. 

• Like 1