Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

I doubt we’ll be signing him on anywhere near the same wages. If he can come in as cover for the ever injured Luongo then it’s a no brainier for me. He can also play centre back should we be short, he has the right attitude and is a step up in quality on JP. Shaw looks fantastic but there will be times when his form dips and we need options.

Those accusing him of stealing a wage have no proof. Of all the c*ap we have to put up with how the club is run, bringing SH is the least of my worries.

Edited by 109Waddle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Is Abdi still a free agent? We may as well go the whole hog. 

Don't be daft. 

Abdi was injured all the time a bit like that other midfielder we had...oh what's his name?....oh wait...

People going off like we're going to be pinning our hopes on him every week and building a team around him for the next few seasons and he'll be on huge wages. 

In fact should this happen I suspect it'll be the exact opposite. Short term deal to the end of the season on much lower wages.

I think we have to realise our situation here. It's all about the next 4 months and staying in this division, everything else takes a back seat to that right now. 

We need players who can slot in and do a job from the off. Hutchinson may not be the future but he fits the bill for what we need right now.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

People going off like we're going to be pinning our hopes on him every week and building a team around him for the next few seasons and he'll be on huge wages. 

In fact should this happen I suspect it'll be the exact opposite. Short term deal to the end of the season on much lower wages.

I think we have to realise our situation here. It's all about the next 4 months and staying in this division, everything else takes a back seat to that right now. 

We need players who can slot in and do a job from the off. Hutchinson may not be the future but he fits the bill for what we need right now.

Fans want progression, foreign managers in fancy suits and brio.

They just don't understand the mess we're in.

Imagine trying to play the Jokanovic way with our players.

Westwood would be bending down to pick the ball out of the net so often, he'd put his back out.

We're a wretched outfit that's only going to survive by the skin of its teeth.

If Hutch bolstering the midfield stops opponents cutting through us, then get him in.

• Like 1

Thought it was Monk who dropped him but said he was injured.

Hutch said he wasn't.

Unsurprisingly he ends up banished.

Monk sacked..someone, probably Bullen said get Sam back now he's has gone. Pulis said ok why not, we have few options.

Don't think Jos liked him either, went over the half-way line to often.

Can't see the problem here, we have a free go. If you think we should be looking to bring in someone else younger / fitter for a couple of mil, you would be right.

Except that ain't going to happen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

This revisionist history is getting laughable.

He had his problems but he put in a shift for this club, like I said in my last post, he played almost every game in 19/20 before Monk decided he would be better off not in the squad. Putting him in the same basket as Abdi is just weakening your own argument it’s that silly.

Too many on here go for the myths rather than the reality. Hutchison and Abdi are like chalk and cheese. One player fought back from career ending injury to comeback at a decent level through his own determination. Another player sat on the treatment table with little interest in playing for 3 seasons.

Qpr away in cup last season don’t know if that was his last game but hobbled off after being one of being one of best players on the pitch? He still got something to offer even if just till end of the season? Like Westwood we look a better side when they play 

• Like 2

I am certain that Sam has feeling for the club. That feeling was the cause of managers taking Sam out of the lime light and placing him with the babes. The lick spittle managers wanted to be at the front of the queue. Unsurprisingly on his arrival, Bruce immediately restored S & K to the fold and results improved.

There are those players who have a vital contribution to make both on and off the pitch, they should be valued. The me me me managers tend to over inflate their own value and ultimately put things into reverse.

Should Hutchinson and Cook both arrive at Hillsborough neither will be dismissive of each other over feeding off of each other.   

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

When a quality opponent is in possession of the ball he has to be made to feel nervous and be keen to get rid of it post haste, lest such a tackle occurs.

That's the benefit of having a player like Hutchinson in your team.

As Tone said, we lack "spice".

2014: Sheffield Wednesday sign Sam Hutchinson on a free transfer.

2021: Having spent themselves into breach of P&S rules and incurring a points deduction as a result, Sheffield Wednesday look to re-sign Sam Hutchinson on a free transfer, as even at the age of 31, he'd still improve their squad.

1860941724_ChansirisMillions.gif.18b0cbca360aac42bbbfdf0c5e76a106.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Anyone can get sent off in a game at any given time if you are full blooded and get stuck in. But Hutch has a red every 30 games, thats not too bad. Im not sure why finding AN example of a red helps at all. You could do that with most players. Just not Gary Lineker. Its the myth again... perpetuated, even, by the journos. 

Edited by Daizan10