Sky Sports reporting Sam Hutchinson on his way back to SWFC

1 minute ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

We are an embarrassment if he's signed again, an absolute embarrassment.

Why not go all out and get the whole gang back together? Wallace, Loovens, Pudil, Lee? I don't see why not, because apparently if you're good for a season or two at SWFC, you'll still be just as good five seasons later.

Anyone happy with this needs their head checking.

If he can stay fit then he’ll be a massive improvement on Pelupessy which I’m all for. His mentality will also be crucial in a relegation battle.

Will go and get my head checked though. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Please put forward your suggestions. A proven Championship midfielder with the qualities the whole squad currently lack who is available on the cheap and is willing to join a club without a manager and is not guaranteed their pay packet at the end of the month.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions. 

I'm not a scout, i'm not paid to watch hundreds of games and recommend players.

How do you know he's available on the cheap? He was on 20k a week when he left us.

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

So the answer is bring in another midfielder who drops as deep as the centre backs?

Yes. It's about where the ball goes, not where the defensive midfielder goes. Pelupessy can only pass 3 yards sideways, Lees/Dunkley or whoever else we play in the middle of the defence can only hit hopeful 40 yard balls. Hutchinson is a much better passer so hopefully we can get the ball forward to our attacking midfielders and strikers in better positions.

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yep. Makes me mad when people go on about egos. Of course there are egos. Christ go and watch a game of NFL in the states and it'll make our football 'ego'  lot look like timid mice.  

Even games at Sheffield FCs standard (and below!), theres players act round there like they're Ronaldo themselves! 

All about managing them. 

I think it depends what context the word 'Ego' is used in.
Think in some players case it means they think they are bigger than the club and self centred.

Can think that accusation being labelled at players like Paul Pogba.

• Like 1

Just a reminder for anyone turning their nose up at Sam Hutchinson. 

We're 23rd in the table.

We've next to no available funds (that were aware of)

We've Luongo seemingly injured constantly. 

We've lost Flint and Iorfa is out for the season. 

We've been playing a 19 year old midfielder at centre half. 

Signing a short term deal for someone who left (because purely Garry Monk didn't want him, rightly or wrongly), isn't that outrageous a decision. 

If we were sat 13th in the table, 12 points above the drop and looking comfortable, then absolutely look in a different direction. Look for youth. 

But as it stands, we will be lucky not to be in League 1 next season. 

• Like 2

Don’t think we’ve got much to lose in re-signing him to play for us in a short term capacity. He’ll be a good alternative if (more likely when) Luongo isn’t fit and can fill the centre back position well enough too. And bear in mind the two coaches who binned him had a problem with being challenged in their way of doing things. Strong personalities tend to be more honest in their assessment in my experience.

if he wants to stay on longer term I could see him working in a coaching capacity for us if he has the right credentials.

13 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Why not go all out and get the whole gang back together? Wallace, Loovens, Pudil, Lee? I don't see why not, because apparently if you're good for a season or two at SWFC, you'll still be just as good five seasons later.

Only thing embarrassing is your reaction. Get a grip lad ffs 

• Like 2

Just now, Jamie_W said:

We know you aren’t a scout, but read the room. Look at the types of players we’ve attracted and the type of players we’ve been snubbed by. There’s a theme there.

We don’t know what we’ll be paying him and if it’s £20k then that’s nuts, but I can’t think for a moment we would offer him his old wage if we couldn’t offer that kind of money to Fletch and Fox. He’s desperate to still be a Wednesday player, he’ll play for whatever he’s offered I’d imagine.

Yep, put it this way, he's not going to get 20k anywhere, so he wont here. He said his next move wasn't about money when he left us...

Put it this way, Jason Puncheon who's Pafos FCs captain, is reportedly on a salary of less than £7,000 a week. So that gives an indication of where Hutchinson's earnings will have been over there. 

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hutchinson on a free transfer is cheaper than anything else available. 

To get someone of Hutch’s quality would involve spending millions and trying to compete with other clubs for the signature (we aren’t an attractive proposition for anyone right now, not even Danny Cowley).

So if Hutch is willing to come here, it’s a no brainier. Free, will probably take a reduction in wages and we know what we’re getting. A good midfielder at this level with the qualities we lack in the squad.

The man can't hardly run he as zero mobility if he's any good why isn't there a clamour for his signature big mistake to bring him back

20 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Is he better than Pelupessy?  In my mind he is far superior and can cover other positions. Long as the wages aren't a problem the deal is a no brainer.

• Like 4

Forgetting sentimentality, he didn't contribute a lot in the months before his contract expired. Couldn't get a contract anywhere apart from wherever he ended up, Cyprus? And hardly shone there, leaving after a few months. 

I dont think it would be a good signing for us. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s been fit for 2 and a half years.

I know I have been watching him every week the man can't get around the park so he sits in front of the back four in no man's land putting pressure in the other midfielders to do his running let's develop the likes of Shaw and let Hutchinson theive wages of another club

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The man can't hardly run he as zero mobility if he's any good why isn't there a clamour for his signature big mistake to bring him back

Change the record, Hutchinson injury record in last 3 seasons was better than most. Movement was fine when we were sat 3rd in league before Monk froze him out. That really worked out well.

• Like 3