Darren Moore heading towards favourite for Wednesday manager job

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Irrespective of the state of the club at the minute if any manager hesitated in leaving Doncaster Rovers to join us, then I’d immediately withdraw the job offer. We are in a pickle but ffs. 

I'll be honest, I'm almost looking at this the other way around in that he'd be mad to leave relatively secure employment with Donny to jump into the cesspit that is Wednesday at this moment in time.

When unemployed managers such as Cowley and Cook, whose past clubs are Concord Rovers, Braintree Town, Lincoln City, Huddersfield Town and Southport, Sligo Rovers, Accrington Stanley, Chesterfield, and Wigan respectively, sound unconvinced, you know there are issues.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Seems like a decent guy.

But failed to get promotion with WBA who arguably had the strongest squad in the Championship.

He has zero promotions on his CV.

True. But lets be honest, we're not in a position to be too choosy at the moment.

For me, Paul Cook ticks as many boxes as reasonably possible, and is available. But if we're not going to consider him, then Darren Moore is probably as good a call as any. He has a reputation as a good coach and may be able to coax the best out of a limited squad and maybe bring some of the academy players forward. Right now, I'm less bothered about promotion winning experience than I am about steadying the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

True. But lets be honest, we're not in a position to be too choosy at the moment.

For me, Paul Cook ticks as many boxes as reasonably possible, and is available. But if we're not going to consider him, then Darren Moore is probably as good a call as any. He has a reputation as a good coach and may be able to coax the best out of a limited squad and maybe bring some of the academy players forward. Right now, I'm less bothered about promotion winning experience than I am about steadying the ship.

Yes, I think promotion is the least of our worries...

Cookie.png

• Haha 1

If a manager was going to be appointed betting odds would collapse immediately. The fact it is 2-1 bar and you can good wager on anybody tells me no one has been selected at this point. 

We are still doing husky fusky finger or thumb, or whatever sophisticated method is used to select next incumbent.

Just another name in the ever increasing list of possibles ...who pretty much ALL look like red herrings set up by the management to deflect fans attention from the real aim - to reach the end of the window without spending much . This has dragged on for weeks ... with no one clear target in sight unless it is someone on the brink of being sacked elsewhere.  I fear it is all designed to mask the aim of appointing a 'yes man' from abroad once the deadline is passed.  Sad to see if true ... and , of course , it could well result in relegation - which would then make  the management look like fools saddled with a 'carthorse they cannot sell'. 

32 minutes ago, kikka said:

Just another name in the ever increasing list of possibles ...who pretty much ALL look like red herrings set up by the management to deflect fans attention from the real aim - 

TBF the increasing list of possibilities has been created mainly by the bookies to increase their revenue.

Then you have the so called ITK pundits putting their views forward.

Although I'm not saying the club aren't hanging back when they should be more proactive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Wonder how much the bookies end up making when no one is appointed. Do you get a refund? 

They count a caretaker manager as being appointed if theyre in the job for more than 30 days.

I.e they'd pay out on bets on Thompson