Darren Moore heading towards favourite for Wednesday manager job

I feel we need a manager who our young players will want to stay and play for, Shaw etc.  Moore would probably fit into that category so it would be an acceptable appointment.  

I’ll be glad to be proved wrong but after Pulis and what cook has been saying, I can’t see a British manager wanting the job myself. But will see what happens 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kew Owl said:

Wouldn’t be averse to him being appointed, but, I’m afraid that there’s no extra League points to be won by playing “easy on the eye” football

Could he keep us up - not sure, but then that applies to any one appointed ?

We got no extra points playing shybo attritional football with big Tony P either.

It's a left field name I wasn't expecting but at this point, he's doing good things with Donny, did decentish at West brom, why not give an up and comer a go, gnarled and experienced Pulis didn't work, journeyman monk didn't work either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If DC has reservations on Paul cook for his experience then no chance would go for Moore.

Two words explain movement in odds..."Rooney rule"

If we were just looking to interview a BAME candidate to tick the EFL equality box, wouldn't we interview an out of work manager, rather than have to ask Doncaster for permission to speak to Moore?

I realise odds are based on all sorts of rubbish, but if we are interested in Moore it won't be as a tickbox exercise IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having moved to Doncaster, and having a couple of neighbours that support Donny

And on the back of their constant "I hear it's minus 12 in Hillsborough"

I'd be over the moon with this appointment

Not even bothered if he's a good manager

I just want him here

• Haha 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.