Paul Cook still in the running

Probably along the lines of Erik Alonso is recommending PC - he knows the fans ideally would like him. Paxo is recommending someone else. 

The fact that PC ruled himself out would mean a huge U-turn by DC in our clubs transfer policy. Can’t see it being PC. 

14 minutes ago, flash said:

Probably along the lines of Erik Alonso is recommending PC - he knows the fans ideally would like him. Paxo is recommending someone else. 

The fact that PC ruled himself out would mean a huge U-turn by DC in our clubs transfer policy. Can’t see it being PC. 

Has Cook actually ruled himself out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I thought the speed in which Mr C sacked the last manager mean't we had someone lined up

For me, the only option is Cook, he will have a decent idea of what is needed within the sqwuad

An outsider won't have a clue and will have to rely heavily on the current advisers at the club re new signings

Watching the goings on at this club reminds me of the old seventies Carry On films

Sid James would play a great Mr C

Carry On Wednesday

lol "I'd like to have a good look at 'er philosophies"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

Has Cook actually ruled himself out?

I don't think he has but the club would have to agree to giving Paul Cook a lot more control on things like recruitment than they currently would like for him to be interested.
Not impossible Cook could still get the job but unlikely I feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Can’t see this farce ending any time soon. Reckon once the players were paid the upturn in form would have seen Monk collect at least a few points during the ten matches under Pulis. Kind of thing sacking Monk was a tad pointless from what has followed.

For once in a long time we have time to appoint the right man. we haven't dropped any points and the next game is suspended. no need to rush at all.

6 minutes ago, Lump On said:

For once in a long time we have time to appoint the right man. we haven't dropped any points and the next game is suspended. no need to rush at all.

i disagree to an extent.  Other (well run) clubs will speak to managers before they sack their current one.  Cardiff or Millwall  might be talking to cook today for example and offering him their jobs.  So if we want to hire a specific person you always need to act fast 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lump On said:

It would be quite handy to have a manager in place to set the parameters of our recruitment in the next two weeks, otherwise we run the risk of wasting yet more money.

Cook didn’t rule himself out. Just said that talks weren’t currently on going. 

He said “I wish Sheffield Wednesday going forward, whether it’s Paul Cook or any manager, the best of luck because it’s a fantastic club with fantastic support.”

Sounds like he’s had an interview. But it hasn’t been a yes or no. 

For me he’s an absolute standout. 3 Trophies at Sligo. Titles at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan and all of those achievements in the last 11 years. Not been sacked since Southport in 2007 (1st job) and every job since then he’s only left due to him being pinched by another club (aside from leaving Wigan).

• Like 2
  • Love 1