Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just posted what the situation is

Investigative journalism is done usually at national level by national journalists - who don't care one bit about our club - why should they?

Local sports writers are here to talk about the footy side of things

Imagine if Joe Crann from the Star came into his job and launched an investigative piece on Chansiri?

Firstly anything he wrote would be instantly slated by Wednesday fans as just a journo doing a hate piece

And then Chansiri would cut off all access to the Star

And then Joe would lose his job

I get that, I wouldn’t want anybody to put their job on the line. It’s just frustrating that we don’t get the full picture. I think we are all aware that there are problems with working with Chansiri, would just like some more details on what exactly are the issues.

• Like 1

Just now, swfc1983 said:

I get that, I wouldn’t want anybody to put their job on the line. It’s just frustrating that we don’t get the full picture. I think we are all aware that there are problems with working with Chansiri, would just like some more details on what exactly are the issues.

I reckon the time we'll hear what actually went off is in player and manager autobiographies in ten years time 

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

But if they are doing stories about the running of the club they have a duty to find out the full facts before doing so surely?

Having the full facts about a situation before writing things about the running of the club and treating their uninformed assumptions as gospel? A lot of the posters on here don't bother with that, so why should they? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

It looks like were stuck with DC in the short term at least. No one in their right mind would buy a non premier league football club with the present restrictions. The question is when it all goes back to normal will DC look to sell ? Who seriously would want us , as we don't even own our ground anymore and are multimillions in debt. DCs reign has turned into a full horror show.

Derbys sale should go through this week

And theyre below us in the league

I’m not obverse to the head coach method, it’s ones used by many clubs but that head coach should have some input of signings even if he isn’t necessarily the one who has the final say. The days of a manager having total control of a club like Ferguson had at Man U are gone.

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

And what's wrong with just wanting a coach to coach the players. Its what happens now at many clubs in England and around Europe. Its simple, Get results and you stay in a job, fans weren't complaining when we had Carvalhal and his staff just doing the coaching.

I would say the vast majority of clubs appoint coaches and that has been the case for a good few years now.

So Cook didn't get the gig..............allegedly

Bruce would have walked anyway............allegedly

Biggs can only report on inplay football...........allegedly

Carlton Palmer smokes marijuana..............allegedly

That's cleared things up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I’m not obverse to the head coach method, it’s ones used by many clubs but that head coach should have some input of signings even if he isn’t necessarily the one who has the final say. The days of a manager having total control of a club like Ferguson had at Man U are gone.

100%

But for it to work you have to do it right

We're not

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Bruce was only going to walk if DC would not allow him to go to Newcastle. 

Bruce was one manager who was not recruited by advisors and had some independence hence recruitment of fitness trainer and recruitment geezers to help get players in.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think this is a huge problem - the manager is an important component of the leadership structure, but ultimately a dispensable one 

So I don’t think this issue is a manager not having control of all the matters at the club, but the seeming lack of an adequate footballing structure around that person. 

Ironically our best performance under Chansiri has come from the Head Coach model when we had a bit more of a footballing hierarchy around (albeit for a limited time)

And also better players than now.

The British contingent would probably be quite happy to be head coach if everything else were competently taken care of, as you say.

But Bruce, Pulis, Cook and co' realize that those things aren't in place, so they've got to manage.

Channers won't let them.

So let's decipher this.

We have Monk, who likes a cut of the transfer fee. Acting as his own scout, this has been proven. You can assume one would get face on, when he can't get his own way...(wanted to stay employed by chansiri)

We have Pulis, who could have walked when results where terrible (wanted to stay employed by chansiri)

We have Bruce, who has a history of resigning from clubs after a good opening spell. He resigned from Aston Villa and even Hull City, immediately after securing promotion to the Premier League. (This is a non story. He clearly likes to move around)

Then we have those who are bitter because they want the pay day but are probably aware they're not going to get it (Cook and Cowley)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

But for it to work you have to do it right

We're not

Agreed it relies on a structure put in place by knowledgeable football people and a clearly defined m.o, which makes DCs stance against such a thing all the more puzzling/frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

So let's decipher this.

We have Monk, who likes a cut of the transfer fee. Acting as his own scout, this has been proven. You can assume one would get face on, when he can't get his own way...(wanted to stay employed by chansiri)

We have Pulis, who could have walked when results where terrible (wanted to stay employed by chansiri)

We have Bruce, who has a history of resigning from clubs after a good opening spell. He resigned from Aston Villa and even Hull City, immediately after securing promotion to the Premier League. (This is a non story. He clearly likes to move around)

Then we have those who are bitter because they want the pay day but are probably aware they're not going to get it (Cook and Cowley)

So basically it's everyone in football, and all the journalists, and all the ex-players who are ALL screaming that something is wrong - they're the ones that are wrong about everything

Meanwhile we have the current owner who's got us into a 12 point deduction, sold the stadium, buys dubious players repeatedly and often and calls the fans bad customers - he's the one who's right?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

So let's decipher this.

Youre right. we are just incredibly unlucky