Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

I don’t understand why though? All we get is hints and suggestions but nobody actually takes the full matter to task. Take Pulis for example gets absolutely slaughtered by Chansiri after he got the sack, why no come out and put his side of the story out. If we are in such a mess tell us what the issues are and what it’s like to work for Chansiri.

Confidentiality clauses written into contracts at a guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I think SB was quite frustrated in having to try and manage DC but if he was so clearly intent on leaving why has Alan Biggs only pulled this card out now? 

Under Bruce we made a fair few signings in Iorfa, Harris, Aaron’s, Lazaar Odubajo, which most people would have agreed addressed areas we were lacking. 

Assume it was down to the reality of our FFP case and a points deduction which would completely change the complexity of his summer recruitment and achievable goals for the season ahead

Pretty valid concern really

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've no issues with the chairman and his band of merry advisors buy the players for the club and I don't imagine any manager would have issues with that either so long as they were given certain reassurances regarding the suitability of the players in question and a say whether they came or not 

I agree and I’ve got no problem with it either as long as it’s the coach saying we need a left back or we need a striker and not the advisers or owner 

if the coach says I need a LB and we go and buy one recommended by the recruitment team then that’s how it is 

it’s not the British way but it is the way in the rest of the world 

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I don’t understand why though? All we get is hints and suggestions but nobody actually takes the full matter to task. Take Pulis for example gets absolutely slaughtered by Chansiri after he got the sack, why no come out and put his side of the story out. If we are in such a mess tell us what the issues are and what it’s like to work for Chansiri.

it'll be in their contracts re severance payments . a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Confidentiality clauses written into contracts at a guess.

How long do they last for after you’ve had the sack? But fair enough why doesn’t Biggs or other reporters take Chansiri to task, I appreciate they have to stay onside of the club or they get banned but giving hints and suggestions instead of the full story just creates confusion and strange conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

why doesn’t Biggs or other reporters take Chansiri to task 

I  can answer that one mate

Because they are sports writers who grew up playing/watching/loving football

They became sports writers to write about crosses, goals, tackles, league positions, great players, performances on the pitch etc

They're not investigative journalists which usually lies at national level.  At national level nobody cares one jot about Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

Local sports writers wouldn't do  an investigative piece on a club or a chairman - it's not their job or  their place

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I  can answer that one mate

Because they are sports writers who grew up playing/watching/loving football

They're not investigative journalists which usually lies at national level

Local sports writers wouldn't do  an investigative piece on a club or a chairman - it's not their job or  their place

But if they are doing stories about the running of the club they have a duty to find out the full facts before doing so surely?

• Like 1

What a depressing mess!

Today is supposed to be match day FFS with all the build up, speculation and (hopefully) excitement!

Instead we’ve got this ridiculous vacuum created by what seems to be chronic mismanagement (but might be brilliant management for all I know)!

As to the Bruce issue. 
I suspect the journalist has published what he believes to true. I actually know a few journalists and even if they aren’t very good journalists they do tend to operate ethically. Not a popular view no doubt but it’s my experience. As to the actual truth it’s obviously hard to ascertain now. Not sure it matters that much. The current mess is bad enough to occupy my attention without looking back at possible messes of a few years ago. 
Mainly though I just wish there was a match on 🙁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

How long do they last for after you’ve had the sack? But fair enough why doesn’t Biggs or other reporters take Chansiri to task, I appreciate they have to stay onside of the club or they get banned but giving hints and suggestions instead of the full story just creates confusion and strange conspiracy theories.

It looks like were stuck with DC in the short term at least. No one in their right mind would buy a non premier league football club with the present restrictions. The question is when it all goes back to normal will DC look to sell ? Who seriously would want us , as we don't even own our ground anymore and are multimillions in debt. DCs reign has turned into a full horror show.

• Like 1

Just now, swfc1983 said:

But if they are doing stories about the running of the club they have a duty to find out the full facts before doing so surely?

I just posted what the situation is

Investigative journalism is done usually at national level by national journalists - who don't care one bit about our club - why should they?

Local sports writers are here to talk about the footy side of things

Imagine if Joe Crann from the Star came into his job and launched an investigative piece on Chansiri?

Firstly anything he wrote would be instantly slated by Wednesday fans as just a journo doing a hate piece

And then Chansiri would cut off all access to the Star

And then Joe would lose his job

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

What a depressing mess!

Today is supposed to be match day FFS with all the build up, speculation and (hopefully) excitement!

Instead we’ve got this ridiculous vacuum created by what seems to be chronic mismanagement (but might be brilliant management for all I know)!

As to the Bruce issue. 
I suspect the journalist has published what he believes to true. I actually know a few journalists and even if they aren’t very good journalists they do tend to operate ethically. Not a popular view no doubt but it’s my experience. As to the actual truth it’s obviously hard to ascertain now. Not sure it matters that much. The current mess is bad enough to occupy my attention without looking back at possible messes of a few years ago. 
Mainly though I just wish there was a match on 🙁

The match is off