Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

46 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like at most of the professional Football clubs today.

The day of the manager running the club have been gone for a long time, Ferguson was the last one of that breed and if the young coaches coming through the British game cant adapt to that, then they will have no future in the game.

I wonder if Wilder has those conditions

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like at most of the professional Football clubs today.

The day of the manager running the club have been gone for a long time, Ferguson was the last one of that breed and if the young coaches coming through the British game cant adapt to that, then they will have no future in the game.

No disagreement from me on that one,however, the majority of clubs using that system have knowledgeable people running their clubs ... we don’t! 

As per my earlier answer 

55 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Have you ever been in a role and quickly changed your  mind about the employer / environment. 
Not sure football managers apply for a job because they want to work for a certain owner (unless the salary is the main factor).

Some people just want work. Football is no different.

Money makes the world go around. 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh..

He said your money pays for nothing, he said pulis was a throw pot, he said we are in big shyte with ffp, he said he will take his time finding the next guy....

I don’t believe he or the club are transparent about the direction we’re heading, the clubs philosophy, the role of his advisers who in my opinion should be given some accountability for the advice they give. 

All we get are the occasional media briefing nowadays via zoom which is DC on the defensive. Rarely do we get an insight into the clubs strategy or the reasons behind why decisions are made 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

the role of his advisers who in my opinion should be given some accountability for the advice they give. 

We have known about the shyte advisors, recruitment team, for 500years.

Of course, only a handful realised what was going off or didn't want to believe...the censored stuff about Doyen....now because Cook throws his toys out of the pram it's the final straw, cos an ex Wigan manager didn't get the job.

It's foookin pathetic..

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Of course, only a handful realised what was going off or didn't want to believe...the censored stuff about Doyen....now because Cook throws his toys out of the pram it's the final straw, cos an ex Wigan manager didn't get the job.

It's foookin pathetic..

I think it's good fans are finally starting to wake up and question the way we're being run. You can call that pathetic if you like!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It's foookin pathetic..

Thing is, it's not actually about Cook, the manger, its the insanity on display. You have a perfectly good candidate, as we have before and you bin him off, for a left field gamble, the fanbase don't want or have heard of. 

We appear to be making the same mistake again. People are starting to get a little wise to what's happening. 

And within 10 weeks or months rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Thing is, it's not actually about Cook, the manger, its the insanity on display. You have a perfectly good candidate, as we have before and you bin him off, for a left field gamble, the fanbase don't want or have heard of. 

We appear to be making the same mistake again. People are starting to get a little wise to what's happening. 

And within 10 weeks or months rinse and repeat. 

Spot on. Fans are getting sick of the circus. 

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

You have a perfectly good candidate, as we have before and you bin him off, for a left field gamble, the fanbase don't want or have heard of. 

Ah..you mean exact same, and exactly the same reaction when Cowley was binned off.

Tbh, I think and only think, Cook would / could have been ok. Not against at all.

Was never going to happen though.

Nothings changed in the last 4 years.

No matter who comes in nothing will change regards recruitment.

The recruitment team own this club, chansiri is just the funny face on front of the ship.

It is absolutely bang obvious.

Having just read through most of this thread, you have to wonder what some supporters need before they are even prepared to contemplate some of the issues that have afflicted our club these last few years. You'd get more objectivity trying to persuade teenage girls that their favourite boyband aren't actually the greatest musicians ever.

They're just constantly knocking down straw men that they themselves stood up, such as asking why Pulis hasn't spilled (the reasons for that are painfully obvious), accusing everyone who leaves the club of being bitter, waving away the catastrophic financial mismanagement as an improving situation or suggesting journalists should have a contact list in their mobile that reads like a who's who of football history.

• Like 3

On 16/01/2021 at 15:24, SallyCinnamon said:

Also a big up to Howson, @Toadie @YesWeCrann who I think have provided some great content this past year during lockdown. Really improved the quality and variety of content in which is a very difficult industry right now. Made the effort to actively engage with supporters too. They’re an important cog in the wheel in my opinion. 

Thanks very much!

• Like 1