Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

I think the next appointment is Chansiri’s last roll of the dice. If he lands lucky things might just work out for him here after all. Get it wrong and it will hit the fan in spectacular fashion when we’re allowed back in next season 

5 minutes ago, Django said:

I think the next appointment is Chansiri’s last roll of the dice. If he lands lucky things might just work out for him here after all. Get it wrong and it will hit the fan in spectacular fashion when we’re allowed back in next season 

Our fans sit in silence and leave before the end 

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Wonder why his 'sources' didnt mention it at the time. I think its obvious, news is only important if its damning and carries more 'wow' factor. Hence SB jumping ship to go to his 'boyhood' club. Just walking out aint that big a deal considering who the chairman is. So its a utterly pointess statement now. Lazy journalism.

oh look

Another one having a pop at the writer instead of looking at and debating the actual topic 

How refreshing

Always great to read and adds so much to the quality of debate 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Pieman said:

Completely agree. The ‘head coach’ concept is here to stay. Given the money involved, it just does not make sense for one person to be making ‘all’ the decisions. However, as you say, it only really works when you have a successful team around you, providing quality support. There also needs to be a plan or strategy or philosophy, whatever you want to call it, that the whole team works to. The two shining examples of this are Southampton and Brentford.

Not shining examples when compared to Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham, Leicester, Everton where the manager is control of the football side of the business 

17 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Wonder why his 'sources' didnt mention it at the time. I think its obvious, news is only important if its damning and carries more 'wow' factor. Hence SB jumping ship to go to his 'boyhood' club. Just walking out aint that big a deal considering who the chairman is. So its a utterly pointess statement now. Lazy journalism.

It’s not journalism. Biggs is simply offering an opinion. 

It’s not his job to deliver earth shattering, investigative, revealing articles.

People really don’t grasp what a journalist is nowadays. 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not journalism. Biggs is simply offering an opinion. 

It’s not his job to deliver earth shattering, investigative, revealing articles.

People really don’t grasp what a journalist is nowadays. 

THIS

People think we have local journalists who are going to hire private investigators to unearth secrets at the club

lol

It's quite obvious many people actually don't understand what journalism is in 2021, and the difference between a journalist and a sports writer

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Really, so your having a pop at another poster which is fair enough . Same goes for journos. I thought I  debated the topic which your mate had written. If he thinks its a tad unfair what I said let him answer. He adds what 'Quality' referring to something over 12 months ago. Ok. Let it go please, this is a forun and no one is spot balling your mate even though his standard of jounalism is open to debate.

He's not my mate

I didn't take the rest of your post seriously at all and have disregarded your post and your points entirely after reading that bit

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Yorksowl said:

Another one pops up. 

Because everyone is growing more and more tired of people jumping into threads on a topic just to slate whoever said something, wrote something or expressed an opinion on something and just attack them instead of debating the topic

Not sure why you're so passionately FOR destroying every thread like that or why you'd ever want to read a site that posts an article about something interesting and then just have everyone ignore  the article and just attack the writer or pundit to bits instead

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

People think we have local journalists who are going to hire private investigators to unearth secrets at the club

lol

It's quite obvious many people actually don't understand what journalism is in 2021, and the difference between a journalist and a sports writer

Same fans who shout out the likes of Alex Miller or Dom Howson to ‘DO YOUR JOB AND FIND OUT WHATS HAPPENING’. Waving fists reyt angrily at a sports writer employed by a local paper doing their best to provide content without damaging the relationship between the paper and the club.

lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

IMG-20210116-WA0003.jpg

Posted on here after the sacking of Stuart Gray some of the things I was told  leading up to his departure, said during the Carlos era he wasn’t making the signings and was ridiculed on here, nothings changed since and it won’t,  there are things happening at the club which really are worrying , the fact the club havn’t appointed a manger isn’t really an issue in the bigger picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Another one pops up. Your right on one thing, he would be stealing a wage if god forbid he was employed as a journalist. 

Who are you to criticise a bloke like Biggs who has been a sports reporter for over 30 years? 

His job is to report on matches, cover games and fill columns for his newspaper. 

And now he’s being accused of being a ‘lazy journalist’ for simply providing an opinion on social media. Which he is completely entitled to do. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who are you to criticise a bloke like Biggs who has been a sports reporter for over 30 years? 

His job is to report on matches, cover games and fill columns for his newspaper. 

And now he’s being accused of being a ‘lazy journalist’ for simply providing an opinion on social media. Which he is completely entitled to do. 

You forgot 

licking Dave Allen’s arse 

6 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Who's he or she. Never heard of the name so can't comment and I can't be arsed looking it up. More concerned about more rubbish coming out of Hillsborough and the never ending increasing damage its doing our club.

It’s not the journalists to blame. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yorksowl said:

Read it again pal. It was the content what made the hairs on my neck stand up. Its totally irrelavent information. What evidence was there to support such a comment from your mate. None. So why mention it. When it suits its journalism when it doesnt its an opinion. Ok. Wheres the attack. I commented on it. Really getting your knickers in a twist. Back up what your suggesting please.

He's not my mate 

I'm not engaging with you other than to clarify this point that you seem to think chucking into the mix makes me upset (it doesn't - you're just wrong as I've stated previously)

I'm not reading the rest of your post or any subsequent posts from yourself as you've already demonstrated your opinions are incorrect and invalid and not worthy of any consideration or any of my time

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because everyone is growing more and more tired of people jumping into threads on a topic just to slate whoever said something, wrote something or expressed an opinion on something and just attack them instead of debating the topic

Not sure why you're so passionately FOR destroying every thread like that or why you'd ever want to read a site that posts an article about something interesting and then just have everyone ignore  the article and just attack the writer or pundit to bits instead

SO LEMME GET THIS STRAIGHT:

You’re having a pop at people you disagree with for having a pop at someone they don’t agree with?