Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

I think SB was quite frustrated in having to try and manage DC but if he was so clearly intent on leaving why has Alan Biggs only pulled this card out now? 

Under Bruce we made a fair few signings in Iorfa, Harris, Aaron’s, Lazaar Odubajo, which most people would have agreed addressed areas we were lacking. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Now Alan’s mate hasn’t got the job, just sit back and watch the tone of his communications plummet. 

Always thought that the Biggs fawning support of Cook probably did Cook no favours. DC may have thought the manager and big noise in the press as best mates might not be a comfortable arrangement. 

After his comments about Pulis and the press I make you spot on. 

He's doesn't seem to want someone who is chummy with the media 

Edited by Gob_Bluth
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think SB was quite frustrated in having to try and manage DC but if he was so clearly intent on leaving why has Alan Biggs only pulled this card out now? 

Under Bruce we made a fair few signings in Iorfa, Harris, Aaron’s, Lazaar Odubajo, which most people would have agreed addressed areas we were lacking. 

He was also able to extend Westwood and Palmer 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Now Alan’s mate hasn’t got the job, just sit back and watch the tone of his communications plummet. 

Always thought that the Biggs fawning support of Cook probably did Cook no favours. DC may have thought the manager and big noise in the press as best mates might not be a comfortable arrangement. 

not as easy for Chansiri to control someone if they have a big voice in the media. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

always believed this to be true  all along.

they're NOT allowed to manage ,they're just coaches/yes men. hence, no british managers any more.

I don’t think this is a huge problem - the manager is an important component of the leadership structure, but ultimately a dispensable one 

So I don’t think this issue is a manager not having control of all the matters at the club, but the seeming lack of an adequate footballing structure around that person. 

Ironically our best performance under Chansiri has come from the Head Coach model when we had a bit more of a footballing hierarchy around (albeit for a limited time)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t think this is a huge problem - the manager is an important component of the leadership structure, but ultimately a dispensable one 

So I don’t think this issue is a manager not having control of all the matters at the club, but the seeming lack of an adequate footballing structure around that person. 

Ironically our best performance under Chansiri has come from the Head Coach model when we had a bit more of a footballing hierarchy around (albeit for a limited time)

Completely agree. The ‘head coach’ concept is here to stay. Given the money involved, it just does not make sense for one person to be making ‘all’ the decisions. However, as you say, it only really works when you have a successful team around you, providing quality support. There also needs to be a plan or strategy or philosophy, whatever you want to call it, that the whole team works to. The two shining examples of this are Southampton and Brentford.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

witk knowledgeable football people above the a coach is sufficient, we have no one with an ounce of knowledge within the club.

we have an architect flying the plane in effect  🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Carlos?

Bit different though, Pulis and Cook already have established contact in the British media, Carlos came in a won them over with his style and demeanor, didn't use them to get what he wanted

Edited by Gob_Bluth
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Completely agree. The ‘head coach’ concept is here to stay. Given the money involved, it just does not make sense for one person to be making ‘all’ the decisions. However, as you say, it only really works when you have a successful team around you, providing quality support. There also needs to be a plan or strategy or philosophy, whatever you want to call it, that the whole team works to. The two shining examples of this are Southampton and Brentford.

listen to a chansiri interview 3-4 years ago. "carlos is our manager not head coach he has final say on transfers"  so not sure on what the difference is between manager and head coach , the last few bruce monk etc told the recruitment people what type of players they wanted maybe put a few names forward too ,then they went to chansiri and talked money . there are very few managers what have total running of football clubs these days . 30 40 years ago they even offered wages etc those days are long gone.