Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

12 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

And what's wrong with just wanting a coach to coach the players. Its what happens now at many clubs in England and around Europe. Its simple, Get results and you stay in a job, fans weren't complaining when we had Carvalhal and his staff just doing the coaching.

no problem with it as long as the people above know what they're doing (football wise) , do you think ours have proved that they do ?????:Chansiri::tango:

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Carlos was good with the media. Not necessarily matey. 

Heard ages ago that DC signs everything off at the club, even down to paper clips. It’s a fair assumption that’s why so many people have left the club. Total control. No problem with running a business like that, as long as it works. When it doesn’t, you can’t blame anyone else. 

Fully agree, DC needs to stand back. 

13 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Completely agree. The ‘head coach’ concept is here to stay. Given the money involved, it just does not make sense for one person to be making ‘all’ the decisions. However, as you say, it only really works when you have a successful team around you, providing quality support. There also needs to be a plan or strategy or philosophy, whatever you want to call it, that the whole team works to. The two shining examples of this are Southampton and Brentford.

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with the "head coach" system and method of recruitment, but it HAS to be done correctly with a clear plan. We on the other hand ain't got a clue and just want to do it his way. That method will never ever work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Right.

And Chansiri was also owner of the other clubs he did the dirty on too

I'm not referring to him jumping ship to Newcastle.

I was referring to the utterly bizarre deal made that Bruce was able to go on holiday for a month whilst we further deterioated.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, marshy said:

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with the "head coach" system and method of recruitment, but it HAS to be done correctly with a clear plan. We on the other hand ain't got a clue and just want to do it his way. That method will never ever work. 

Maybe with a good knowledgable recruiting committee, not a naive chairman his 2 ******** elephants and the stuffing man picking the players 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

Carlos was good with the media. Not necessarily matey. 

Heard ages ago that DC signs everything off at the club, even down to paper clips. It’s a fair assumption that’s why so many people have left the club. Total control. No problem with running a business like that, as long as it works. When it doesn’t, you can’t blame anyone else. 

Have you ever worked in an owner/founder led business? That’s exactly how it works in a million plus businesses in this country.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Have you ever worked in an owner/founder led business? That’s exactly how it works in a million plus businesses in this country.

Not in successful ones it’s doesn’t. As is proven here. No point in paying people to do a job if you don’t let them do it. 

• Like 5

So many people in this thread doing the old thing where instead of discussing Bruce and his intent to leave our club because all is not well, they instead have some bitter ex girlfriend jilted lover bitter posts about the sports writer who tells us the info

It makes me sick how Wednesday fans are in 2021 doing that crap instead of debating the topic 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I think SB was quite frustrated in having to try and manage DC but if he was so clearly intent on leaving why has Alan Biggs only pulled this card out now? 

Under Bruce we made a fair few signings in Iorfa, Harris, Aaron’s, Lazaar Odubajo, which most people would have agreed addressed areas we were lacking. 

Plus Jos signed Hector. In fact, it was only under Monk where the signings were questionable. Since the money ran out, signings have been a little more targeted, other than the last two windows

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So many people in this thread doing the old thing where instead of discussing Bruce and his intent to leave our club because all is not well, they instead have some bitter ex girlfriend jilted lover bitter posts about the sports writer who tells us the info

It makes me sick how Wednesday fans are in 2021 doing that crap instead of debating the topic 

It’s The world we live in mate not just Wednesday fans, I’m afraid people are either on the defensive or the attack nowadays and there are very few that will even listen let alone accept a difference of opinion everything is seen as black and white right or wrong. 

Back to the  post from Biggs like it or not  I think it’s clear that the structure of the club is going to be chansiri and his advisers buying players for a coach to coach and organise 

that obviously suits a foreign coach better than an English manager 

rightly or wrongly it appears a British manager won’t work under those conditions 

As I’ve said in other threads we aren’t going to change it so you either embrace it and enjoy the ride until it ends where ever that will be, or you get yourself worked up about it but it’s never good to get worked up about things you can’t change

Just now, PARKOWL said:

It’s The world we live in mate not just Wednesday fans, I’m afraid people are either on the defensive or the attack nowadays and there are very few that will even listen let alone accept a difference of opinion everything is seen as black and white right or wrong. 

Back to the  post from Biggs like it or not  I think it’s clear that the structure of the club is going to be chansiri and his advisers buying players for a coach to coach and organise 

that obviously suits a foreign coach better than an English manager 

rightly or wrongly it appears a British manager won’t work under those conditions 

As I’ve said in other threads we aren’t going to change it so you either embrace it and enjoy the ride until it ends where ever that will be, or you get yourself worked up about it but it’s never good to get worked up about things you can’t change

I've no issues with the chairman and his band of merry advisors buy the players for the club and I don't imagine any manager would have issues with that either so long as they were given certain reassurances regarding the suitability of the players in question and a say whether they came or not 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop