Bruce was going to walk anyway

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, Yorksowl said:

I think a few hundred on here have come to the same conclusion. This club is a shambles and how anyone can support that madman of a chairman is beyond me. Theres folk on here having a dig at Paul Cook for comments which some believe were made as a result of sour grapes not getting the job. 

Yep

This morning it's Alan Biggs and Paul Cook's fault according to some people

And we wonder how this club has been allowed to go down the drain when you have people with mindsets like that who ignore anyone and everyone screaming the most blatant warnings to us about our club

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Missed one - Palmer - now asking for the job, all the backing and saying he’ll pay back his salary if we don’t go up

Just took a few hours on the sauce after his Biggs interview for him to tweet his real agenda

It was clearly a tongue in cheek post from a legend who is upset with how the club is being ran. This clears it up. Hardly an agenda!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

This morning it's Alan Biggs and Paul Cook's fault according to some people

And we wonder how this club has been allowed to go down the drain when you have people with mindsets like that who ignore anyone and everyone screaming the most blatant warnings to us about our club

Its so frustrating. 

You’ve had club legends like Palmer, Gordon Watson, Chris Waddle who have all come out and questioned DC’s running of the club. And you have people now claiming they have an ‘agenda’.

Bloody hell even David Hirst fell out with DC.

There’s one common denominator in all of this. 

• Like 6

As if Bruce would have walked away. How many managers just walk away from there contracts. They all just wait to be sacked for the pay off. 

I also stopped listening to Carlton Palmer after he came out and said the two Sheffield clubs should merge. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he thinks he does about the Sheffield clubs.

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

As if Bruce would have walked away. How many managers just walk away from there contracts. They all just wait to be sacked for the pay off. 

I also stopped listening to Carlton Palmer after he came out and said the two Sheffield clubs should merge. Clearly doesn’t know as much as he thinks he does about the Sheffield clubs.

Proof he said this? 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Its so frustrating. 

You’ve had club legends like Palmer, Gordon Watson, Chris Waddle who have all come out and questioned DC’s running of the club. And you have people now claiming they have an ‘agenda’. 

It's not just them either

It's every journalist, so many people in football, people who have been for interviews, managers that have walked away

It's literally an endless stream of people warning our fans

Not just that but the warnings used to be vague like 'things could be better at SWFC' and now it's just outright blatant warnings

And yet some people are suggesting we ignore all of these warnings and dismiss them to blindly follow Chansiri to success-land by sticking with how he does things

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Its 100% DCs club and unfortunately he will run it as he sees fit.

He must be either confident this approach will work long term or he is not willing to change.

Purely this.  I, like everyone around, wanted a sugar daddy who would come in, pump in millions bankroll the club and take me on a ride.  He's done just that.  Talk about being careful what you wish for.  I feel firmly bitten on my.bum!

I think his philosophy is..   I have paid for it, it's  mine and I don't care what anyone thinks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Here we go again

So  apparently anyone who warns there are issues at the club gets slated

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, brian joicey said:

witk knowledgeable football people above the a coach is sufficient, we have no one with an ounce of knowledge within the club.

we have an architect flying the plane in effect  🤦‍♂️

At least an architect might understand the design of the plane...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not just them either

It's every journalist, so many people in football, people who have been for interviews, managers that have walked away

It's literally an endless stream of people warning our fans

Not just that but the warnings used to be vague like 'things could be better at SWFC' and now it's just outright blatant warnings

And yet some people are suggesting we ignore all of these warnings and dismiss them to blindly follow Chansiri to success-land by sticking with how he does things

They’ll just be accused of being bitter ex-pros, or bitter managers or s*** stirring journalists who know nowt. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

They’ll just be accused of being bitter ex-pros, or bitter manager or s*** stirring journalist who know nowt. 

Yep

Some of our fans are like the bloke who walks towards a burning building and everyone screaming 'DO NOT GO IN THERE YOU WILL GET BURNED TO DEATH!!" and just think 'They're just bitter because they've not been in this building' and walk straight into the flames

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, brian joicey said:

no problem with it as long as the people above know what they're doing (football wise) , do you think ours have proved that they do ?????:Chansiri::tango:

This...

Someone like Cook or Bruce will know more about football than Chansiri, Paxo, Alonso and all the rest of his 'advisors' put together.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You very much get the sense that there's an awful lot more which could be said, but people won't for whatever reason.

I don’t understand why though? All we get is hints and suggestions but nobody actually takes the full matter to task. Take Pulis for example gets absolutely slaughtered by Chansiri after he got the sack, why no come out and put his side of the story out. If we are in such a mess tell us what the issues are and what it’s like to work for Chansiri.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

And what's wrong with just wanting a coach to coach the players. Its what happens now at many clubs in England and around Europe. Its simple, Get results and you stay in a job, fans weren't complaining when we had Carvalhal and his staff just doing the coaching.

Different set of recruitment team , the early signings mostly worked. Now it looks chaotic and desperate. Bruce managed to bring in some quality but its been mainly downhill since.

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

And what's wrong with just wanting a coach to coach the players. Its what happens now at many clubs in England and around Europe. Its simple, Get results and you stay in a job, fans weren't complaining when we had Carvalhal and his staff just doing the coaching.

That's how we operate at Sheffield Wednesday

How's that going for you?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop