Izzy Brown returning to Chelsea?

Don't think any attacking players have shone so far this season, considering the negative way we've played. 

Think Brown is naturally suited to the central role in an attacking three in a 4231. Just like us for him to go back to Chelsea, just as we appoint a manager who plays this formation.

• Like 1

Unfortunately with The way we have been setting up and playing negative football to grind out a result with the points deduction. Izzy brown has been made redundant as he is more of an attacking midfielder, hopefully now we have clawed back the deduction and two defensive managers have departed, he may get more game time if we appoint a manager who is more attack minded like Paul Cook .

• Like 1

He's looked way off the pace when he's come off the bench, I'd send him back , at his age he should be busting a gut to impress.

Surprised how young he actually is , needs to up his game or he'll end up drifting down the league's.

I wouldn’t be too hasty in sending him back, although it might be out of our hands Hopefully a new, footballing manager, would get more use out of him In our position, it would be difficult to find that level of skill, especially in this window Whether through injury, or a style of play that appeared not to suit him, we certainly haven’t seen the best of him The thing is, we aren’t talking about a player who hasn’t performed for ages, are we. Last season, he was one of the leagues top players for assists.

• Like 1

We do not get the best from Chelsea. We generally get the ones they are finding difficult to shift. Hector had not done well on previous loans before he came to us. He played well for us and resurrected a career which was going down the pan. The other players we have had and been offered by Chelsea have not been great. When compared to others sent out on loan we have had poor deal.

Izzy Brown was very good until injury impacted career he went to Leeds but did not play. Then it was Luton and they decided they did not want him back. Some on here still remember exciting talent that first emerged several years ago but he has looked a long way from that.

Brown's contract finishes at end of season so I suppose they were hoping we could do for him what we did for Hector.

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t be too hasty in sending him back, although it might be out of our hands Hopefully a new, footballing manager, would get more use out of him In our position, it would be difficult to find that level of skill, especially in this window Whether through injury, or a style of play that appeared not to suit him, we certainly haven’t seen the best of him The thing is, we aren’t talking about a player who hasn’t performed for ages, are we. Last season, he was one of the leagues top players for assists.

Why did Luton who were offered him not want him back?

chelsea yesterday sold lucus piozon to braga yesterday been at club 10 years played 1 game for chelsea , izzy brown is a cash cow ,i thought this practise was supposed to be getting banned? why not have a rule if a player by 23 isnt given a certain amount of games at  his parent club then he has to be sold. 

Really this is the kind of decision surely has to be made by a manger/ first team coach.

If we are going to play him keep him on. If we aren’t let him go. 

Absolutely no point keeping him on the payroll for 10 mins here and there. 

As to if he’s any good or not it’s pretty hard to say because he never gets a game!

Im sure there’s a player in there but I am pretty ambivalent about his future really. Taking a gamble on players like Green is probably a better use of our limited resources but I wouldn’t be appalled if he stays. 

17 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Yea sure the likes of salah, de Bruyne, lukaku, James, tomori and Mount really regret it 

Ridiculous post, 3 of them were established players when they joined Chelsea. Tomori can't get a look in so James/mount v countless bakers/browns/woods etc etc

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, morganowl said:

chelsea yesterday sold lucus piozon to braga yesterday been at club 10 years played 1 game for chelsea , izzy brown is a cash cow ,i thought this practise was supposed to be getting banned? why not have a rule if a player by 23 isnt given a certain amount of games at  his parent club then he has to be sold. 

Funny that he’s gone to Braga, as Carlos was trying to bring him here, as I recall

12 minutes ago, Quist said:

Why did Luton who were offered him not want him back?

When he came here I looked on the Luton local paper’s footy pages and the speculation was they thought he was too injury prone to keep. He played 28 games and was their top player for assists but he had a long term injury while he was there (10 weeks out). Clearly a familiar pattern. 
Must be crap to be injury prone so early in your career but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Clubs like us and Luton can’t build teams around players who have a high chance of being injured for half a season. 

• Like 1

A number of reasons why this loan hasn't worked out

Covid - this in itself has prevented a natural transition for the player to settle at the club

Instability at SWFC - points deduction, management issues

Intensity of league program - lack of time on the training ground, lack of match fitness 

Under different circumstances Brown may well have found his home, if he goes back then I wish him good luck