Izzy Brown returning to Chelsea?

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

When he came here I looked on the Luton local paper’s footy pages and the speculation was they thought he was too injury prone to keep. He played 28 games and was their top player for assists but he had a long term injury while he was there (10 weeks out). Clearly a familiar pattern. 
Must be crap to be injury prone so early in your career but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Clubs like us and Luton can’t build teams around players who have a high chance of being injured for half a season. 

I fully agree.

I do not think any club can build team around injury prone player. You have to have consistency in a team.

• Like 1

All comes back to the “recruitment team”, and them keeping regular communications going with the team manager. They should be recruiting players based on the manager’s requirements, and the player skillsets he defines he’s looking for, as he looks for specific player skillsets to fit into his intended playing style. 

I hope it’s not the case that the recruitment team just go out, sign players on the basis that they’re available only, and then say to the manager, here’s some players to work with

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Another promising player wrecked by Chelsea. These kids need to stop joining that club

Bang on. Part of what is wrong with football is Premier league clubs being able to sign far too many players and have massive squads. This drives up wages as the players think they are Premier league quality when they never even get near the first team, and these over inflated costs filter down to the EFL where the clubs are unable to afford them financially but have to pay them in order to compete.

• Like 2

At one time Chelsea had about 40 players out on loan. No way many of them have any chance of playing for the first team.

It's a business in itself raking in loan fees and selling on. I thought moves were afoot to curb such clubs loaning out dozens of players, were any limits set?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Not 6 months before they end they don't.  Brown will be leaving Chelsea in the summer.

Don't be surprised if he signs a new deal and goes on loan again. If they think there is interest in the player they will keep retaining them. Piazon was there for 10 years. 

It's what they do. Very rarely do you see them go for frees.

• Like 1

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Don't be surprised if he signs a new deal and goes on loan again. If they think there is interest in the player they will keep retaining them. Piazon was there for 10 years. 

It's what they do. Very rarely do you see them go for frees.

I believe Chelsea have the option of  a one year extension, so if Brown plays well it gets activated and he's worth a fee.

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

I believe Chelsea have the option of  a one year extension, so if Brown plays well it gets activated and he's worth a fee.

It will get activated. Doesn’t even need to play well. As he will never play for Chelsea. Another club will always take him on loan and if he plays well there then they sell him for 5m+. RINSE AND REPEAT

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Total waste of a space..send him back..we need footballers here not social media stars

Does he do a lot on social media? I don’t use any social media (other than Owlstalk obviously). 

What is there for him to say?
‘Another great 10 minutes for me at Sheffield Wednesday today’

Posting selfie’s of himself sat on the bench??

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not sure. I think if Bannan got injured, he’d be a natural replacement but can’t see them playing much together from now on. Think I’d get rid.

Don't see much similarity really. Bannan works far harder and can play the 'quarterback' role because of his range of passing.

Brown's qualities to me seem to be based more around the box, but he doesn't have the energy of Bannan.

I think Brown in front of Bannan and Shaw as a three could work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Funny that he’s gone to Braga, as Carlos was trying to bring him here, as I recall

he was going to replace  forestieri here when the deal to go to fulham fell through due to failed medical , if you remember forestieri had an operation 2 days later and was out for a long time 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
30 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Don't see much similarity really. Bannan works far harder and can play the 'quarterback' role because of his range of passing.

Brown's qualities to me seem to be based more around the box, but he doesn't have the energy of Bannan.

I think Brown in front of Bannan and Shaw as a three could work.

I see your point. I just meant with him having an eye for a pass. When Luongo is fit, if it’s a midfield three, it has to be Bannan, Mass and Shaw for me. Great balance in there.

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

he was going to replace  forestieri here when the deal to go to fulham fell through due to failed medical , if you remember forestieri had an operation 2 days later and was out for a long time 

Yes I remember, Carlos wanted to bring him in as a number 10, and Ruben Semedo, as a defensive midfielder. There was also an unnamed winger, but for whatever reason, we never got any of them. Had we got those three, instead of some of the British cr@p that was foisted upon him, things might have been a lot different