Under the Cosh podcasts

Yeah listened to them for a few years. Funnily enough I was in London the other year at Kings Cross station and a big booming Yorkshire voice popped up behind me and I turned round to see Parkin (tinny in hand) and Chris Brown behind me. Weirdly I had been listening to an Under the Cosh podcast on the train journey down. I ended up chatting to them for about 20 mins very sound lads and down to earth. They were more than happy to chat and pass the time of day. Love the podcasts and hopefully when life gets better they can continue to do some of their domestic and European football trips which are really funny watches on youtube. Especially the Polish derby that they all poo themselves at. 

Listened to about 25 of em now. 

Parkin and the comedian fella really starting to grate. Parkin has the same banter on ever episode and that Chris just interrupts and asks dog poo questions. 

Brown is the one who seems like a sound enough bloke, likes a pint and isn't as much a cheb as parkin. 

Best episodes I've listened too so far, Leon Knight, Ronnie Moore, Ryan Cresswell and Ben Marshall 

Worst - Chris Kirkland, Luke Chadwick

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Listened to about 25 of em now. 

Parkin and the comedian fella really starting to grate. Parkin has the same banter on ever episode and that Chris just interrupts and asks dog poo questions. 

Brown is the one who seems like a sound enough bloke, likes a pint and isn't as much a cheb as parkin. 

Best episodes I've listened too so far, Leon Knight, Ronnie Moore, Ryan Cresswell and Ben Marshall 

Worst - Chris Kirkland, Luke Chadwick

The comedian  fella keeps the thing together, but I agree that he can be quite grating. Not particularly funny.

Like any podcast, you really are at the mercy of the guest. 

I have been listening to Carragher's podcast recently called The Greatest Game.

Wilf Zaha...like trying to extract blood from a stone. Brutal.

Edited by SiJ

Clark Carlisle’s really is head and shoulders above the rest. Surreal to listen to.

Think the critique some of the presenters have had here is harsh. They’ve put together a cracking podcast which probs wouldn’t be what it is without their type of personalities.

It’s real. 

10 hours ago, beano said:

Love Crossley's and Kenny's.

I was quite surprised by Marshall's as I didn't realise he was like that and I can understand why his career has turned out the way it has.

I was the same RE Marshall. 

listened to Millers and Knights as well, Millers was a bit dull but some interesting parts about Swindon and Di Canio. 

Watched loads. Some really good ones. I liked the Aaron Wilbraham one as I always enjoy listening to players who have played at League One and Two level. Top bloke is Wilbraham and came across really well and you can see why he played until he was 40. Leon Knight and Ben Marshall were the complete opposite in terms of attitude. Neither seemed to give a sh*t about their careers although Marshall was very complimentary about us

Also liked the Kirkland one and Paddy Kenny was a good laugh

When they're good they're really good but then you get some like Andy Johnson, Alan Rogers, the kid who was at Crewe and basically wasted his career. When they get away from being too heavy on the drinking side generally they're pretty good.

30 minutes ago, Gparrish said:

When they're good they're really good but then you get some like Andy Johnson, Alan Rogers, the kid who was at Crewe and basically wasted his career. When they get away from being too heavy on the drinking side generally they're pretty good.

Totally agree. Had to turn the Rogers and Johnson ones off. The Luke Steele one was brilliant. Totally different character to those lot. And still very funny.

On 15/01/2021 at 06:19, Gparrish said:

Have to agree and the effing and blinding after every other word. Do they think it makes them sound cooler or something? Some of them are ridiculous they can't string a sentence together without swearing

On 15/01/2021 at 06:03, markg said:

Just listened to the Luke Steele one, can recommend it. Seems a good bloke. Some good stories as he has played lower down but also for Man U. Good story about Roy Carroll and Dev from Coronation Street 🙂

Yeah iv'e just listened to the Luke Steele one. Thought the things he said about Ferguson and the guys at Man Utd in general at that time were very interesting. Shows why they were so successful.