Under the Cosh podcasts

11 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Just watched the latest with Liam Dickinson, told some great stories and definitely one of the best. Seems like a real top lad

Just starting that one now. Come across well.

Watched the Danny Mills one. What an absolute tool he seems to be. 

5 hours ago, markg said:

Yeah he's a right tail Mills. I've never liked him, thought he was a nasty player. I find it interesting when a player reveals how much they earned at various points of their career, but it seemed like he was bragging really. 

I watched the Gerry Taggart one the other day, really enjoyed it, tells a good story. 

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Yeah he's a right tail Mills. I've never liked him, thought he was a nasty player. I find it interesting when a player reveals how much they earned at various points of their career, but it seemed like he was bragging really. 

I watched the Gerry Taggart one the other day, really enjoyed it, tells a good story. 

Never liked him either. I thought I’d watch it and see if I changed my mind. Ended up liking him even less. I got the impression that the lads on the show didn’t like him much either.

not watched the taggart one, I’ll watch that one this week.

Danny Mills is a reyt arrogant belltip.

Hate him as a pundit, talks garbage, reyt up

himself and I bet he’s an absolutecock in “real life” and a properprick down the boozer.

I’ll skip that episode, he’s always really wound me up which is unusual.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markg said:

Yep thought the same, couldn't even bring myself to watch part 2 of the Mills podcast. He just grates on you

36 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Yep thought the same, couldn't even bring myself to watch part 2 of the Mills podcast. He just grates on you

You made a good choice. He was even more irritating in p2. Almost bragging about what he got out of Leeds when they were struggling massively.

On 29/03/2021 at 23:23, bigsheff said:

There are some really funny ones on there but as an actual interview/life story the Joe Thompson & Clarke Carlisle ones are well worth a listen. Emotional but enough humour also mixed in.

Not going to lie the Joe Thompson one moved me to tears. 

• Like 1

Almost finished the latest one with maddog Martin Allen, part 1

He seems very likeable and a good chap if not a little weird and uncomfortable at times

Edited by IWEDFM

I didn't mind the Mills episodes myself, maybe its cause the episode didn't descend into drinking drinking drinking. Wasn't a huge fan of the Dickinson one for that reason.

Allen definitely comes across as an oddball. The weird pauses and stares, can't help but think he's trying to play a character, at times.

Watched some of the Patreon's ones recently.John Hartson, Matt Glennon, Alex Bruce, Gordon Watson, Andrew Taylor, Michael Tonge, Neal Trotman and Carl Ikeme. Ikeme was the only one I couldn't get in for some reason.

Watched part 2 of Martin Allen and definitely worth watching. I found part 1 a tad boring as he spoke mainly about his upbringing and early playing career but in part 2 he went into detail about his management style and how he tried to motivate players at his various clubs

Also very interesting to hear him talk about his spell at Leicester under Mandaric. Sounded like Milan signed players without his consent and against his wishes

The club screwed him over on his retirement from injury. He agree with the club whatever % of his settlement he gets the first 50% is his, the rest was the clubs eg if he got 80% of his settlement he gets 50% the club 30%. He ends up getting 50% tells the club, they say well 25% of that is ours, Newsome said that wasn't the agreement , I won't name the secretary but he said you didn't get that in writing though did. 

You can  argue it the other way and I get it but its just a bitter thing to do, to put it politely.