Under the Cosh podcasts

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah he did calm down to be fair. And some of his stories were decent. A bit full of himself though. 

Very.

I can't remember much about him as a player. I remember him playing against us for Portsmouth around the time that we had got relegated from the premiership and I remember him briefly at QPR. 

I quite enjoy the hellraisers... Johnson, Rogers, Vine etc. Maybe they're not as annoying when you're only listening to them.

Weaver's I enjoyed, also Michael Gray speaks well and has good stories. As with many on here, Ben Marshall was a complete shock. I thought he was just a quiet lad. It explains how his career has gone though.

Sedgwick was boring as hell.

4 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

I quite enjoy the hellraisers... Johnson, Rogers, Vine etc. Maybe they're not as annoying when you're only listening to them.

Weaver's I enjoyed, also Michael Gray speaks well and has good stories. As with many on here, Ben Marshall was a complete shock. I thought he was just a quiet lad. It explains how his career has gone though.

The think that got on my nerves about Vine was how he kept going on about him being controversial and speaking his mind and not quiet like some of the others. Then didn’t really say anything too out there. It was all pretty standard stuff 

4 hours ago, markg said:

The think that got on my nerves about Vine was how he kept going on about him being controversial and speaking his mind and not quiet like some of the others. Then didn’t really say anything too out there. It was all pretty standard stuff 

I'll name names etc then goes on to say I won't name the lads.

On 23/03/2021 at 03:22, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Was Sedgwick the fire arm story? 

If so worth it for that. 

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Andy Welsh new one is quite good. Seems quite a nice lad.

Currently in the middle of the Welsh one. Got tears running down my eyes about Carlton Palmer and pronouncing the names wrong. Absolutly brilliant 😂

Ben Marshall one was interesting. Seems he just liked to go out on the lash all the time, often during the week. He often came into training pissed and got away with it. Megson seemed to turn a blind eye. Also he states that he was desperate to sign for us but we never once put an offer in. Remember how long that saga went on for and also how a lot of our fans presumed he'd snubbed us. He said he gets stick for it but he wanted to move. Funnily his drinking has caught up with him and he's now playing sunday league and he's not even 30. 

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ben Marshall one was interesting. Seems he just liked to go out on the lash all the time, often during the week. He often came into training pissed and got away with it. Megson seemed to turn a blind eye. Also he states that he was desperate to sign for us but we never once put an offer in. Remember how long that saga went on for and also how a lot of our fans presumed he'd snubbed us. He said he gets stick for it but he wanted to move. Funnily his drinking has caught up with him and he's now playing sunday league and he's not even 30. 

Seemed like he only wanted to sign for us because he had an easy life at Wednesday! To be fair, if he’s producing every Saturday (which he was) its sign of good man management from Megson. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Seemed like he only wanted to sign for us because he had an easy life at Wednesday! To be fair, if he’s producing every Saturday (which he was) its sign of good man management from Megson. 

Maybe in the short term. Not in the long-term though, hence why he wasn't offered a permanent contract and how his career has turned out. 

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe in the short term. Not in the long-term though, hence why he wasn't offered a permanent contract and how his career has turned out. 

Well yeah he couldn’t have kept it up forever. 

He’s not had a bad career. And depression was the only reason he stopped playing professionally.

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wouldn’t say his drinking caught up with him, but his mental health. And he plays Sunday League by choice. He said himself he had plenty of offers on good wages but he couldn’t have cared less cos he was so miserable.

If his agent put his feelers out to clubs  he’d get snapped up, at league one level definitely. Such a naturally gifted footballer 

There was a story doing the rounds last January that Warne was jumping through hoops to try and persuade him to join Rotherham. In the end, like he says a few times in the podcast about other moves, he didn’t fancy the travelling every day from Manchester.