Have you ever argued with someone sat near you at games?

Yea a few times through the years.

Nearly ended in fisticuffs one time when I booed the team off at half time , a bloke Infront of me on the North started with the usual how dare u boo etc 😊 , anyway it came to nothing in the end .

Enjoy seeing arguments in the crowd but always seem to favour the underdog on these occasions , usually the one getting the stick from all around.

• Haha 1

There used to be a couple of blokes behind me in the North stand who were forever criticising Kieran Lee, despite him being probably our best performing midfield player at the time.  I often felt like telling them to STFU but discretion stopped me doing so.

Some people just don't have a clue about football!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many times over the years. Fortunately I’m older and more mellow now. My older brother was worse. He would start an argument it would come to blows then he would disappear leaving us to sort it. 

I was sat right next to a crazy argument during the Brighton playoff semi.

A pretty well-built bloke sat with his wife and kid had shouted something homophobic towards the Brighton fans. Not to come across all Arsène Wenger here, but I didn't hear what he said. Whatever it was though, the bloke in front of him was incensed and leapt to his feet to let him know in no uncertain terms. Fair play to him for standing up to the bloke, especially since he was about 10-stone wet through and, if things had come to blows, stood absolutely no chance.

The thing was though, the first bloke quickly held his hands up and apologised, saying he knew he was in the wrong, but the smaller man was having none of it and kept getting right in his face, almost jabbing him in the chest as he shouted at him. The longer it went on - and it did go on - the more likely it seemed that the big bloke was going to snap and go for him.

In the end, he offered him a simple choice: go and report him to the stewards, or carry on screaming in his face and get flattened.

We all pretended not be watching, but as the steward shrugged his shoulders at the smaller chap, he marched off along the stand and didn't return for the rest of the game. The steward never came over to speak to the bloke who'd admitted to shouting something offensive, either.

Really strange.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I was sat right next to a crazy argument during the Brighton playoff semi.

A pretty well-built bloke sat with his wife and kid had shouted something homophobic towards the Brighton fans. Not to come across all Arsène Wenger here, but I didn't hear what he said. Whatever it was though, the bloke in front of him was incensed and leapt to his feet to let him know in no uncertain terms. Fair play to him for standing up to the bloke, especially since he was about 10-stone wet through and, if things had come to blows, stood absolutely no chance.

The thing was though, the first bloke quickly held his hands up and apologised, saying he knew he was in the wrong, but the smaller man was having none of it and kept getting right in his face, almost jabbing him in the chest as he shouted at him. The longer it went on - and it did go on - the more likely it seemed that the big bloke was going to snap and go for him.

In the end, he offered him a simple choice: go and report him to the stewards, or carry on screaming in his face and get flattened.

We all pretended not be watching, but as the steward shrugged his shoulders at the smaller chap, he marched off along the stand and didn't return for the rest of the game. The steward never came over to speak to the bloke who'd admitted to shouting something offensive, either.

Really strange.

His boyfriend must have been from Brighton 🙂

• Haha 2