Jordan Rhodes to QPR

Guest everydays_wednesday

Looks like Glen Murray may be going from Watford to QPR for rest of season so is that the end of the Rhodes saga?

3 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Looks like Glen Murray may be going from Watford to QPR for rest of season so is that the end of the Rhodes saga?

Rhodes will go on a free at the end of the season. We are not going to be able to strike a deal with anyone regarding him that will suit both parties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Rhodes will go on a free at the end of the season. We are not going to be able to strike a deal with anyone regarding him that will suit both parties.

Inclined to agree.

Hes not going to waive 5 months of £30kpw and no club will pay anywhere near that.

Just maybe we and the other club might agree 50:50, but that doesn’t leave much with which to buy/loan his replacement. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What still rankles with me, even years later, is that when we had an abundance of good strikers Carlos went into the play-off semi with a totally defensive mindset that ultimately cost us dearly. Unforgivable.

Wednesday were true to form that day. They (almost) spoiled a good day out

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Inclined to agree.

Hes not going to waive 5 months of £30kpw and no club will pay anywhere near that.

Just maybe we and the other club might agree 50:50, but that doesn’t leave much with which to buy/loan his replacement. 

I would be surprised if QPR thought they could have got Rhodes and not offered at least 15k a week towards his wages. As always its seems to have been the case. We will be wanting full wages and probably a loan fee on top of that.

49 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Any move will have to suit 3 parties Wednesday, QPR and the player himself.
If the player doesn't a new start at another club we are stuck with him until his contract runs out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

What still rankles with me, even years later, is that when we had an abundance of good strikers Carlos went into the play-off semi with a totally defensive mindset that ultimately cost us dearly. Unforgivable.

Still rankles me even more that Hooper came back, we won 6 in 6 when he did to get us in the playoffs, totally transformed the side and got all our hopes up

then tore his hamstring and we lost the dead rubber v Fulham and then didnt win either game in the play offs. 

FFS!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Still rankles me even more that Hooper came back, we won 6 in 6 when he did to get us in the playoffs, totally transformed the side and got all our hopes up

then tore his hamstring and we lost the dead rubber v Fulham and then didnt win either game in the play offs. 

FFS!!!!

Fletcher and Hooper both key in that. Would have gone up without that injury.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Fletcher and Hooper both key in that. Would have gone up without that injury.

Absolutely no doubt we would as well. Reading knocking out Fulham should have opened up our path and we've really paid the price ever since. 

14 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Into a play-off semi final against a team we’d beaten 4 times on the bounce.