Paco Jemez

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Having read all this, I think I now remember watching a Rayo Vallecano game back when he was in charge of them c.2014 ish and I concluded he was the Spanish Holloway lol

Get him in, would be a reyt laugh

He’s madder than Holloway.....

Reyt character....

Good article here re. his tactics/style of play etc.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/08/27/tactical-philosophy-paco-jemez/

I'd take him. Let's be honest I think most of us are sick of the same failed merry go round managers year after year

We need to sign a couple of strikers if it does turn out to be him. From facing Benzema and Messi to managing Kachunga and Paterson he'll be in for a shock

• Like 1

Imagine trying to play that style of play with our current squad?!

I like the sound of getting someone in who will develop a style of play, one that becomes part of our culture, but chanceri doesn't have the wedge to fund such an overhaul. We would definitely need to rebuild from league one before we made any progress.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

i have done many times smart arse. Pearson, Bilic, Cook, I would ever take Cowley ahead of people like Morias and Jemez. 

So Cook and Cowley then cos there is not a chance in hell of Pearson or Bilic taking the job

While it sounds interesting. I just don’t believe our group of players are suddenly going to become a good footballing side overnight with a change of manager. 

We need to stay up, not have a crazy experiment mid season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

i have done many times smart arse. Pearson, Bilic, Cook, I would ever take Cowley ahead of people like Morias and Jemez. 

More of the same English journey men  then and someone who has just managed in the Premier league who wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.... ok then.

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

More of the same English journey men  then and someone who has just managed in the Premier league who wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.... ok then.

journey men :tango: Have you seen how many jobs Morias and Jemez have had? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

journeymen :tango: Have you seen how many jobs Morias and Jemez have had? 

So you want to go like for like on Monk and Pulis? Back to another English coach? What makes you think things will be different? 

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

Jemez is a very good coach. In his years with Rayo Vallecano he had to sell several key players in most transfer windows, yet kept them going. He also seems able to adjust his style, and knows he'd have to implement it gradually. I agree it is risky, but I'm also tired of the same old merry-go-round of journeymen managers we've had over the years. It's brought us nowhere. 

Carlos Carvalhal was probably the best manager we've had since Ron Atkinson, and he did a very good job at developing our players. Look at how he got Kieran Lee firing and how Barry Bannan improved under him. He was let down by poor recruitment. 

You forgot ABDI