Paco Jemez

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

So you want to go like for like on Monk and Pulis? Back to another English coach? What makes you think things will be different? 

Yes I would much rather bring in someone like Cook than Jemez or Morias. You can’t tar all English managers with the same brush. That’s like me saying so you want to bring in like for like for Jos! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes I would much rather bring in someone like Cook than Jemez or Morias. You can’t tar all English managers with the same brush. That’s like me saying so you want to bring in like for like for Jos! 

I'm not saying I necessarily want a foreign coach, an English coach that actually wants to play football I'd be fine with. I'm sick to death of us having 25% of the ball every game and us dropping deeper and deeper as every game goes on. We have actually got some decent footballers if we get the right coach to work with them despite what people say. A couple of out and out strikers would completely change our look massively.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

While it sounds interesting. I just don’t believe our group of players are suddenly going to become a good footballing side overnight with a change of manager. 

We need to stay up, not have a crazy experiment mid season. 

This.

I'm all up for a crazy Spaniard leading a football revolution at S6 and turning us into a gung ho, all out attacking unit... But if we are going to do it, can we wait until the Summer and give him the players and time to actually give it any chance of success? In a relegation scrap half way through a season isn't the time to be gambling.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I'm not saying I necessarily want a foreign coach, an English coach that actually wants to play football I'd be fine with. I'm sick to death of us having 25% of the ball every game and us dropping deeper and deeper as every game goes on. We have actually got some decent footballers if we get the right coach to work with them despite what people say. A couple of out and out strikers would completely change our look massively.

i completely agree with you. I hate how we sit back inviting pressure. It’s asking for trouble, personally think we where very lucky not to be 3 or 4 down against Derby at half time. Definitely need to get a couple of strikers in. Looks like Rhodes will be off so would leave us with Windass, Paterson and Kachunga. We are so short upfront. 

• Like 1

I'm about that non committed at the moment I'll say let's get him in. 

We may as well get ourselves relagated having a go and seeing some goals than limp slowly and defensively into league one. 

That said though Thompson isn't doing a bad job, so if he continues I'd let him and take our time to try get the opointment right this time. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

i completely agree with you. I hate how we sit back inviting pressure. It’s asking for trouble, personally think we where very lucky not to be 3 or 4 down against Derby at half time. Definitely need to get a couple of strikers in. Looks like Rhodes will be off so would leave us with Windass, Paterson and Kachunga. We are so short upfront. 

Agreed 100%. An only slightly better opponent the other night would have battered us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

So... been looking into this guy a bit more. He's got a reputation in Spain as being one of the bravest managers in the league - i.e. happy to go to Real Madrid or Barcelona and push players forward and play out from the back:

Whether it has been successful... well. He's had a lot of jobs, put it that way. 8 clubs, and only one of those he's gone beyond 50 games. That club was Rayo Vallecano, where with one of the smallest budgets in the league he finished 8th, 12th, 11th and 18th (out of 20). The main thing that stands out is the fantastic amount of goals his teams concede, when finishing 8th they conceded 66 (third most in league), 12th = 80 (most in league), 11th = 68 (joint most in league), 18th = 73 (second most in league).

They didn't actually seem to score that many goals in those seasons - it seems like he wins some, doesn't draw many and loses some (and when he loses he loses by a lot).

He then went back to Rayo Vallacano in March 2019. They were rock bottom, with 23 points from 28 games - and despite inspiring them to wins over Real Madrid and Valencia, he couldn't save them - in truth, they lost all the games against relegation rivals, picking up just 9 points from 10 games. He took charge of the next season in the Spanish Second Division and, going against his previous record of not drawing many, he drew a lot of games - 21 out of 42, finishing 7th, a point outside the playoffs.

Character-wise, he's mates with Pep Guardiola, and in a very similar style, shaved head, snazzy trainers, lots of histrionics on the touchline. Seems cheerful and energetic in interviews, except for after the game, where, like Pep, he often looks like someone has just drowned his puppy.

What does all this mean? I think he would have been an interesting guy to bring in a season or two back, given a pre-season and chance to attack the league. I'm not sure how he would adapt to English football though (or if he even speaks English).

I think you’re spot on with your assessment. He does have this reputation for playing attacking football, carefree, almost reckless some might say His Vallecano and Las Palmas sides could be a joy to watch. He did manage to lose his job at both those teams, where you’d have to say, the expectations were not that great. Can remember wanting him to manage Malaga, who I’d watch when I was in Spain. Maybe that was because I had no real vested interest, other than watching a local football match, so the more entertaining the games, the better. Personally, I’m not sure how he would fare in England. He is very Spanish in the way that he plays the game, and might just be one of those coaches/players who don’t really adapt to the way of things here. He would be an interesting candidate, but my gut feeling would be, that he’d struggle outside of Spain

3 minutes ago, Wednesday Fan said:

It’s ok to discuss how the current squad would play under him -  but I thought we were going to buy a complete new team this January???? 
We are aren’t we??

Aren’t we????

Neil said there would be a Spendageddon, think he covers it in the 70-odd page Chansiri interview thread, not sure what page, but when you’ve finished readin it, could you summarise the thread for me please? Thanks.

• Haha 2

Would be a complete disaster for many reasons.

Football in Iberian peninsular is played differently to in England. It is a much slower pace most of time with quick bursts of activity. This is particularly case in league he was managing in. I think this is due to hot weather. Players play to a much older age than they do in England as not as much attrition in games. Why CC brought in players who were much older than you would expect in this country

To bring a manager in mid season is beyond daft. It would take him a while to adjust and we just do not have that luxury. I have no idea how good his English is but if not good what not get work permit. Apparently Bielsa would not get a work permit under new rules. Also under new rules would not be able to bring in any staff with him. Assistant jobs require individuals to have degrees and 5 years in relevant job. 

Any change to a foreign manager with no experience of this country needs to be done at a season end so they can work with players and understand game. This would be only way they would stand fair chance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trev said:

I'm in.

Could be carnage but at least it won't be boring.

He's the Spanish Kevin Keegan then Yeah??

I voted for this guy in the Manger poll just based on his name. It's the kind of wacky thing DC takes into consideration...

I'd rather we draw 4-4 than 0-0. Let's face it our current squad don't have a clue how to create a goal.

I'm even more convinced now he's the right man for the job, especially considering the quality of work from his Taylor...

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I voted for this guy in the Manger poll just based on his name. It's the kind of wacky thing DC takes into consideration...

"astrological signs are also a factor"

:Chansiri:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Seeing as we are just doing any random foreign manager now lets bump this guy back into the running.....

Currently working as:

Screenshot2023-07-03at16_44_09.png.05313e21d3c897ada4642fb08c20a6fc.png

John Deere or Massey?