The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

27 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That's a quote 2 years old had you heard the word covid 2 years ago because things change

But if he did need the money then then why would it be paying for anything now.

Or more likely he was talking rubbish then as well.

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Ince to Luton is done. Quite impressive for little old Luton.

Dom’s assertion that we are struggling because we are in the relegation places and have no manager, holds little truck I’m afraid. You mentioned your surprise that Hull had managed to get Clark from Holland. If we were unable to entice Pickering or Pearce, surely that guy would have solved our left back position? I’ll wager our bloody recruitment team had never even heard of him. I keep saying it, but the players are out there, you just have to look

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Dom’s assertion that we are struggling because we are in the relegation places and have no manager, holds little truck I’m afraid. You mentioned your surprise that Hull had managed to get Clark from Holland. If we were unable to entice Pickering or Pearce, surely that guy would have solved our left back position? I’ll wager our bloody recruitment team had never even heard of him. I keep saying it, but the players are out there, you just have to look

We’re skint mate. I doubt any recruiter can turn píss into wine.

When I heard this morning the players’ wages had been paid, I was hoping DC transferred enough to clear the balance and do a couple of modest deals. Clearly not. Sounds like our feeble attempts were to sign someone on a promise. Never gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Birmingham splashing cash especially when they were first championship click b to ask their players to take wage deferrals in first lockdown

Nothing up with initial deferrals if it helps stabilise,  re-group, and plan financially 

keeps the cash flow stronger at the time 

they always get paid in the end it’s only a deferral 

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

This was one of the guys I put forward on that list players worth looking at on the continent He cost them €600,000 and would have been available for a million before he went goal crazy The point is, there are plenty of good young strikers available for what we paid for Paterson

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That's the problem though I am not convinced we are that interested in looking.

Who is putting the pressure on Chansiri to sign players today. Thompson? Course he ain't.  And even if he is, I don't expect he will be listened to.

Its only us fans putting the pressure on. And I shouldn't think he would be listening to us either.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This was one of the guys I put forward on that list players worth looking at on the continent He cost them €600,000 and would have been available for a million before he went goal crazy The point is, there are plenty of good young strikers available for what we paid for Paterson

Absolute sh!tshow, the way we managed our forward line in the summer.

Monk didn’t know a decent striker if it bit him on the ar$e while he was here. Da Cruz, Windass, a half fit Wickham, Paterson, Kachunga and a half fit Marriott. To say it’s a mixed bag is an understatement.

I know you will get some on here that will defend Monk until the day they die but the fact that Westwood and Hutchinson are current first team players sum up what a car crash his time in charge was. We’ll be paying the price of his time in charge like we still are Danny Wilson’s?

I’m not defending monk in the slightest but can’t help to think he got brought in to be a complete yes man to do as he’s told and was briefed to slash the squads age bill

We saw quality leave ( granted ageing ) and it was replaced 

the Westwood and Hutchinson fiasco is inexcusable they are first team players and he squandered playing them 

Walsall's hopes of retaining the services of Elijah Adebayo look to be slimming as Sky Bet Championship side Luton Town are said to be closing in on a deal, despite recent interest from Huddersfield Town.

Adebayo, who is out of contract in the summer, has netted ten goals so far this season - including a brace against near-rivals Port Vale just over a week ago - is said to under offer from the Hatters, as they look to add to their attacking options.

We were never going to sign any more players. Why people thought otherwise, window shopping is all we can do.  

We have to run with who we have and make the most of it, moaning about it wont do anything apart from pee yourself off.