The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Blackburn have got 5 players on loan

Barry Douglas - Leeds

Tom Trybull     -Norwich

Harvey Elliott - Liverpool

Taylor Bellis - Manchester City

Jarrad Branthwaite  - Everton

They bring in proven players at this level who played roles in sides getting promotion out of this league and promising youngsters.

I seem to remember us saying we were looking for young energetic exciting players.

We end up with Flint, Marriott and Brown

Many other clubs have got hold of promising young players. We were linked with a few overseas players who would struggle to get work permit. One decent young player Pickering who signed for Blackburn and was loaned back to Crewe for rest of season. 

I saw a comment about travelling distance Leeds and Manchester is not far and have young players who are not involved who look better than options we have up front. These are often cheaper than established players nearing end of career. 

Elliott and Bellis sound very good prospects. 

• Like 1

Danny Graham released by Sunderland...

I wonder if he ends up been a last minute panic signing. Wouldn't be my 1st choice by any stretch of the imagination, but given the options available to us, and our current squad, there's an argument to suggest he could bring something different.

Can play the lone role well, holds the ball up, links up play, is intelligent with his movement, but his game desperately lacks goals.

Would allow Thompson to play 4-2-3-1 with a striker that is actually suited to the role however.

12 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Danny Graham released by Sunderland...

I wonder if he ends up been a last minute panic signing. Wouldn't be my 1st choice by any stretch of the imagination, but given the options available to us, and our current squad, there's an argument to suggest he could bring something different.

Can play the lone role well, holds the ball up, links up play, is intelligent with his movement, but his game desperately lacks goals.

Would allow Thompson to play 4-2-3-1 with a striker that is actually suited to the role however.

If we end up with him, or anyone like him, I’ll cooking explode We’ve had 6 months to make sure we get this right, after the summer’s fiasco

• Like 3

Just now, gurujuan said:

If we end up with him, or anyone like him, I’ll cooking explode We’ve had 6 months to make sure we get this right, after the summer’s fiasco

You expected anything different?!

We're clearly now scrambling around, desperate... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we end up with somebody in that ilk.

10 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

You expected anything different?!

We're clearly now scrambling around, desperate... I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we end up with somebody in that ilk.

I did yeah, I expected us to get it right this time The consequences of not doing, will cost us big time

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Blackburn were a mess of a club a few years back. Shows how quickly things can change 

Yep, for a lot of other clubs, we seemingly apart from a couple of years, seem permanently stuck in a time warp rut as football modernises more and more, and leaves us even further behind every year 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

We are in a mess with FFP it's not a secret no funds coming in what do expect

Well if that is the case, I’d expect us not to be wasting our time making offers for Cosgrove and the like, and spaffing money on the likes of Paterson and Windass Need to be a bit smarter with our dealings

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well if that is the case, I’d expect us not to be wasting our time making offers for Cosgrove and the like, and spaffing money on the likes of Paterson and Windass Need to be a bit smarter with our dealings

Paterson and windass fees minimal did the bid for Cosgrove ever happen

We have no money accept it that's why we can't pay the wages on time