The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Hunt  in team that did better than us, with actual strikers 2 assists. Hunt in our promotion chasing team filled with stars averaged 3 assists a season. 

Palmer in relegated shower of shybo team, no strikers, 4/5 managers, playing CB, LB and RB 2 assists. 

Yea, Hunt is far better. He’s a creative genius. 

Hunt also played in a back four that broke the clean sheet record two years on the bounce which as a defender is his main job 👍🏻

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

I’d bet money that Moore is sat at home wondering why the absolute f@ck he spent his summer coming up with a list of targets.

It already feels like DC has played him for a fool in the same way he has with every coach since CC. Empty promises which ultimately result in having to chose from a small selection of players you don’t necessarily want.

We will go into this season at best ill prepared and at worst woefully short in key positions.

It’s totally irrational given everything we have seen over the last few years to expect an outcome that is in any way less than a clusterf@ck.

What if Moore gave them 8 targets and he’s already brought 3 in potentially on the verge of a 4th in Hunt and is still over 2 weeks away from the start of the league season. I think he’s be quite pleased so far. No club ever gets all their targets weeks before the start of the season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, owl84 said:

What if Moore gave them 8 targets and he’s already brought 3 in potentially on the verge of a 4th in Hunt and is still over 2 weeks away from the start of the league season. I think he’s be quite pleased so far. No club ever gets all their targets weeks before the start of the season. 

It’s impossible to believe that scenario based on all the evidence of the last 4-5 years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Hunt also played in a back four that broke the clean sheet record two years on the bounce which as a defender is his main job 👍🏻

As did Westwood, Lees maybe we should get the band back together?

Football players should come with a disclaimer like the stock market. past performance does not guarantee future performance.

Just now, Philb125 said:

You having a bad day? 

I live a charmed life here. If I wake up I always consider it a good day.

Just highlighting the absolute lunacy of dismissing the harsh reality of the last few years for blind hope. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I live a charmed life here. If I wake up I always consider it a good day.

Just highlighting the absolute lunacy of dismissing the harsh reality of the last few years for blind hope. 

Isn’t that part of football though? An escape from realism, an escape of life’s harsh realities with optimism and hope. In our worst darkest days we can win? That’s what keeps us coming back. 

Anyhow. Enjoy your day! Hopefully tide is turning and football gives you something to smile about soon, or at very least to be less angry about. 

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

As did Westwood, Lees maybe we should get the band back together?

Football players should come with a disclaimer like the stock market. past performance does not guarantee future performance.

Correct they should. That’s why we shouldn’t read too much in to his previous assists 👍🏻

Doncaster Rovers have Sheffield Wednesday target Jayden Onen on trial after his departure from Reading, as per a report by the Doncaster Free Press. 

Doncaster Rovers played the attacking midfielder against non-league side Wakefield in a pre-season friendly last night.

11 minutes ago, malek said:

MK Dons signed Mo Eisa from Peterborough. Looks like a fine striker for this level and natural replacement for Cameron Jerome.

A great signing.

He was the stand out striker available for a league one club. 

Peterborough wanted a fee, I suspect it will have been around £500K.

That could be a bargain as he will be one of the top scorers next season.

Meanwhile we don't have a striker and we can't even compete with MK Dons.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really need to pull our finger out.

Was looking promising last week but expected more in at this point.

We will struggle this season. Particularly if the rumours of players leaving are true. We will have to double the work to replace them if so. 

was thinking. The exact same , are rumours only bazza leaving tho? Not heard any others . After Moore said expecting a busy spell and nowhere near I thought we would have had 2/3 in since adenrian , shodipo and brown . Have they gone elsewhere ? Are they close but just not announced ?