The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

57 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

A great signing.

He was the stand out striker available for a league one club. 

Peterborough wanted a fee, I suspect it will have been around £500K.

That could be a bargain as he will be one of the top scorers next season.

Meanwhile we don't have a striker and we can't even compete with MK Dons.

:duntmatter:

He’s never really done much in previous seasons so not sure why all of sudden he will become one of the top scorers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

EFL are restricting Derby County to free agents loans within a specific wage bracket and they cannot sign player to deals longer than one year.

I wonder if we are under the same restrictions, but at league one salary level. 

We seem to be labelled when ever derby county are mentioned re the EFL yet we get the more severe punishment and Derby get a slap on the wrist, anyone would think one of Derby Countys board worked for the EFL.

Stephen Pearce anyone.

Pearce resigned a few weeks ago. I think it was due to the EFL Derby strife and a conflict of interests.

Representatives from Bristol C. and Reading also left.

They were replaced by Peter Risdale (Preston),

Neil Bausor (Middlesbrough), Nicholas Randall (Nottm. F.).

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

EFL are restricting Derby County to free agents loans within a specific wage bracket and they cannot sign player to deals longer than one year.

I wonder if we are under the same restrictions, but at league one salary level. 

We seem to be labelled when ever derby county are mentioned re the EFL yet we get the more severe punishment and Derby get a slap on the wrist, anyone would think one of Derby Countys board worked for the EFL.

Stephen Pearce anyone.

Derby are under a full embargo. We are not.

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Pearce resigned a few weeks ago. I think it was due to the EFL Derby strife and a conflict of interests.

Representatives from Bristol C. and Reading also left.

They were replaced by Peter Risdale (Preston),

Neil Bausor (Middlesbrough), Nicholas Randall (Nottm. F.).

Peter Risdale....banned from being a company director for years....they really are some organisation, do as I say, not as I do principles

Unbelievable Geoff.....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, owl84 said:

He’s never really done much in previous seasons so not sure why all of sudden he will become one of the top scorers. 

16 goals in 56 League 1 appearances for Peterborough.

Before that 23 goals in 45 apps for Cheltenham in League 2.

He can score goals at this level.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

16 goals in 56 League 1 appearances for Peterborough.

Before that 23 goals in 45 apps for Cheltenham in League 2.

He can score goals at this level.

27 years old 61 appearances over the last 3 seasons and 16 goals. Not one I’d be too fussed about. 

Hasn’t scored goals consistently at this levels before or been good enough to get games. 

7 minutes ago, owl84 said:

27 years old 61 appearances over the last 3 seasons and 16 goals. Not one I’d be too fussed about. 

Hasn’t scored goals consistently at this levels before or been good enough to get games. 

It's the same old story, if we don't sign them they are world beaters, if we do sign them it's, we should be looking for better than this.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Peter Risdale....banned from being a company director for years....they really are some organisation, do as I say, not as I do principles

Unbelievable Geoff.....

Parry and Risdale, what a double act.

Then add one of Steve Gibson's stooges.

:duntmatter:

24 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Time will tell how he does this season. But it doesn't look like we are going to be getting a forward in better than or as good as him.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Time will tell how he does this season. But it doesn't look like we are going to be getting a forward in better than or as good as him.

We already have strikers ( well midfielders/ left backs playing as strikers) with better records than that in windass and Patterson. If we don’t sign better than that we might as well not bother turning up at charlton

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Birmingham about to sign Sarkic on loan from Wolves to cover their keeper issues

Their interest in Peacock-Farrell over before it began

Interesting, hopefully we can get that deal sorted!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Morepork said:

11 days. :Chansiri: 

57 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Worryingly quiet. The squad is so weak, first competitive match in a week and a half and 3 young lads with so little experience between them is all we have signed. 

Let’s be honest the first game that matters in Charlton 18 days away. The cup game got brought forward late and is basically acting as a final friendly. 

• Haha 1