The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

13 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Thing with Bannan is yeah he will want to play in the premier league and I can see them paying those wages just because they will now be able to. 

Swansea looks less likely for me due to his wages and also the fact their manager has just left which surely put recruitment up in the air

The Bannan transfer talk is lazy journalism 

Brentford wanted him in the championship. They have just signed a £6m rated midfielder so it’s highly unlikely they want Bannan

Swansea are cutting back dramatically due to parachute payments finishing. Main reason why Cooper has left

In any normal transfer window I’d agree that Bannan Windass and maybe Iorfa would likely be sold but a combination of D.C. demanding top price and clubs working on shoestring budgets, I just can’t see any of them leaving until January at the earliest 

• Like 1

Current best 11 (really hope it’s not as we start)

Wildsmith/Dawson

Palmer

Iorfa

Hutch

Brown

Adenrian

Massimo 

bannan

Green

Shodipo

Paterson 

Windass could be back but unsure , bench is also pretty weak :

Hagan 

Adedoyin

Dunkley

Dawson

Alex hunt / Dele - Bashiru

Galvin

brennan 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The sight of predicted line ups with Dawson in goal and such a lack of strikers makes me want to cry!

It’s not ideal but it’s about time dawson was brought back in, on the basis of last season Wildsmith was much worse than when dawson was between the sticks

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Assuming we don’t make any more significant signings (i.e academy/u23s), what is the current lineup first league game of season? 

Dawson

palmer

dunkley

Iorfa

(left back required) 

Bannan (doubt he will still be here)

Luongo

Hutch

Green

Patterson? 

We may as well throw in the towel now if we’re only going to play with 10 men.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

It’s not ideal but it’s about time dawson was brought back in, on the basis of last season Wildsmith was much worse than when dawson was between the sticks

I’ve previously thought Dawson was the better of the two but I don’t think there’s anything in it now.

Unfortunately I don’t believe any of them have the mental strength to hack it. If they’re going to make basic mistakes in behind closed doors friendlies they’ve got no chance when the season starts. 

If their careers are to progress then they both need to either find a new club & start afresh or grow a pair.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s a shame. I think he’d be a good signing. 

I do too , although really think we need to be focusing attentions fully on gk and striker / forward players at the moment , maybe Swansea will decide to contribute some of his wages later down the line near end of the window ?

1 minute ago, malek said:

Very average player who was back up everywhere he played on wages that would be too much for us right now.

Maybe more to do with Swansea  handing out good contracts using parachute money, but how that's gone, they are skint and why Cooper jumped ship. 

I think Swansea want a permanent transfer, in which case a non starter, moved before on loan probably with a percentage wage contribution making it more affordable.

Nixon is bang on here and its why transfers are quiet in general. There's no money around. I saw Watford had 9 trialists playing in their Under 23's game a few days ago and Liverpool are flogging some decent young talent before been able to make signings (Club policy it seems).

There's no money and plenty of young players wanting to get out on loan. This is why we have two prospects on trial as teams need to make the right decisions with the small budgets they have.