The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

11 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Heard a rumour Palmer is off to Forest

Good, a move well overdue. 

Been a great servant to be fair but he just has held us back from getting a proper right back as he can do a job there. 

Definitely a plus from me especially if a fee involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Dunkley 

lol

If no borner we have no other centre backs.

According to some on here he should be captain. I just be happy with him playing 4 or 5 games on the trot without breaking himself again.😜😜😜

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Good, a move well overdue. 

Been a great servant to be fair but he just has held us back from getting a proper right back as he can do a job there. 

Definitely a plus from me especially if a fee involved.

What a great idea get rid of a player who can play right back, left back and centre back and bring in a player who cost twice as much in wages and struggles to defend.

Only Wednesday.😁😁😁😁

• Haha 1

On 18/07/2021 at 20:42, TbagMcgraw said:

Please Chansiri, don't play silly beggars and ask for a fee for Wildsmith!

How much have Hull asked us for to take Wildsmith? It could be worth a few bob to get rid of him if it lets us bring in a replacement.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yep - the days of EFL clubs making smart, relatively-unheard-of signings from European leagues disappeared the day Brexit happened. 

The likes of Pukki wouldn't be allowed in nowadays.

This just isn’t true mate. The only difference is they have to fill in forms…

2 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Heard a rumour Palmer is off to Forest

Explains the Hunt interest? It’s going to be very difficult to get to September with this squad still in tact?

19 minutes ago, Pieman said:

This just isn’t true mate. The only difference is they have to fill in forms…

Not really.

Pukki would probably get in as a regular international player.

But the new rules mean we have a better chance of being allowed to sign a non-international from Brazil or the MLS than we would from Sweden or Hungary or Poland or wherever, as they are listed as 'higher status' leagues.

36 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

‘If a player scores between 10 and 14 points, an exceptions panel will make a ruling.’

As per The Guardian example of the Greek player, it’s virtually impossible not to get 12 points. It was explained to me that the panel will only reject ridiculous attempted signings and rightly so. Brexit is spun in many ways; the reality will sink in eventually, that very little will actually change, despite the media furore. 

3 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Wondering if we could. What do you think? Chelsea released him. Not heard he's gone anywhere. 

I’d definitely go for him mate. Free transfer and surely better than what we have.

Reckon he could get a Championship move though. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d definitely go for him mate. Free transfer and surely better than what we have.

Reckon he could get a Championship move though. 

Blackman is still a free agent. Was first choice for the first part of last season when on loan at Rotherham, then Johansson got the nod for the last few months of the season.

A couple of other experienced keepers that are free agents and worth considering;

Luke Daniels (Brentford)

Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham)

Less than 2 weeks until our first competitive game and so much work still to do. We simply can’t go in to the new season without a new number one and at least one new out and out striker. To leave these signings until the last days of the transfer window would be a disaster. 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

What a great idea get rid of a player who can play right back, left back and centre back and bring in a player who cost twice as much in wages and struggles to defend.

Only Wednesday.😁😁😁😁

But Palmer is just average on his good days at RB nevermind LB and CB.

Hunt would never be on double, id actually say he would be on less than Palmer is if he signs.

I don't see why it is bad business. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

But Palmer is just average on his good days at RB nevermind LB and CB.

Hunt would never be on double, id actually say he would be on less than Palmer is if he signs.

I don't see why it is bad business. 

The Palmer being average line is a bit harsh. He’s been a constant for the club and won poty - deserves some respect for his contribution to SWFC in my opinion.

• Like 9