The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Decent free agents still without a club.

As we are shopping in the bargain basement and we clearly have next to nothing on players and restrictions in place on what we can sign, a few names for people.

Junior Hoillett - 31 yrs old former Cardiff player attacking winger that scored 23 goals in 173 appearance for Cardiff, in the last 2 season 9 goals and 6 assists in 60 odd games would be an improvement on anything we have at the club and can play on either flank. Also helped Cardiff to promotion to the EPL in 2018.

Fraser Campbell 33 yrs old striker played for Huddersfield last season, 7 goals in 40 games, has been around for ever, helped Hull and Cardiff win promotion to the EPL and has over 200 games in the top flight is a free agent surely in league one will get into double figures in the season.

Mendez Laing 29 year old winger had a good spell at Cardiff under Warnock, who got the best out of him, playing well he is a tricky winger who creates and scores goals. His league one record is 157 games 22 goals and 22 assists, and created or scored 27 goals in the championship in 95 games. Should we play a front striker with supporting attackers he would surely fill that role very well as the supporting attacker.

Frank Fielding former Derby and Bristol keeper at 33 yrs still in his prime and a free agent after leading Millwall and would be an improvement of what we currently have in the goal keeping department. 171 championship games with 51 clean sheets and a league one record of 74 games and 26 clean sheets.

Sam Baldock former Reading, Millwall, Brighton, Striker still only 32 and seem to have been around for years, has a league one record of 143 games, 57 goals and 8 assists. Not got much game time at Reading over last season due to Joao and Puscas and as such is now a free agent.

None of these players are world beaters or fit into the young and promising, but they all fit into the tried and tested, they will give us experience, ability and a proven track record. if any signed for us they would be an improvement of what our current threadbare squad has.

I believe Campbell has signed a new contract at Huddersfield.

Mendez-Laing I would steer clear of after he was fired by Cardiff for alleged misdemeanours.

I mentioned Baldock a while ago but as Sally says he's currently on trial with Derby.

Re Fielding, I think there are better free agent keepers out there, such as Luke Daniels, Marcus Bettinelli, Jamal Blackman.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Our lack of strikers at this point of pre season is so poor. Actually our lack of strikers for the last few seasons is ridiculous. Players that aren’t strikers being forced to play up front is a joke. 

The last striker we signed was Jordan Rhodes in 2017 on a permanent deal after a loan, we have not signed a single first team striker since (not including loan players)

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The last striker we signed was Jordan Rhodes in 2017 on a permanent deal after a loan, we have not signed a single first team striker since (not including loan players)

Beggars belief doesn't it but is indicative of the way DC has run our club. Shambles from top to bottom.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I don’t wish injury on anybody, another bad blow for the lad maybe time for him to call it a day?

Ah well at least they will be paying him without realising just howshit he is. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There was a time when we had too many strikers😏 If only now.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Decent free agents still without a club.

As we are shopping in the bargain basement and we clearly have next to nothing on players and restrictions in place on what we can sign, a few names for people.

Junior Hoillett - 31 yrs old former Cardiff player attacking winger that scored 23 goals in 173 appearance for Cardiff, in the last 2 season 9 goals and 6 assists in 60 odd games would be an improvement on anything we have at the club and can play on either flank. Also helped Cardiff to promotion to the EPL in 2018.

Fraser Campbell 33 yrs old striker played for Huddersfield last season, 7 goals in 40 games, has been around for ever, helped Hull and Cardiff win promotion to the EPL and has over 200 games in the top flight is a free agent surely in league one will get into double figures in the season.

Mendez Laing 29 year old winger had a good spell at Cardiff under Warnock, who got the best out of him, playing well he is a tricky winger who creates and scores goals. His league one record is 157 games 22 goals and 22 assists, and created or scored 27 goals in the championship in 95 games. Should we play a front striker with supporting attackers he would surely fill that role very well as the supporting attacker.

Frank Fielding former Derby and Bristol keeper at 33 yrs still in his prime and a free agent after leading Millwall and would be an improvement of what we currently have in the goal keeping department. 171 championship games with 51 clean sheets and a league one record of 74 games and 26 clean sheets.

Sam Baldock former Reading, Millwall, Brighton, Striker still only 32 and seem to have been around for years, has a league one record of 143 games, 57 goals and 8 assists. Not got much game time at Reading over last season due to Joao and Puscas and as such is now a free agent.

None of these players are world beaters or fit into the young and promising, but they all fit into the tried and tested, they will give us experience, ability and a proven track record. if any signed for us they would be an improvement of what our current threadbare squad has.

I doubt we could meet the wage demands of any of those players.

25 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I don’t wish injury on anybody, another bad blow for the lad maybe time for him to call it a day?

Yes I’m sorry to hear that hope he makes a speedy recovery.  I said it was a bad signing for Preston and I stand by that, but hopefully he recovers and proves a few of us wrong when he can.