The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Hunt will not be on less than £10k and will not take a drop in wages to join us.

Palmer is a 6/7 out of 10 player most games for us he filled in a left back when we had none, he was asked to play centre back and did very well and he keeps himself fit, rarely has had lengthy injury absence, for a team in the mess we are he is to perfect pro and wont be on as much as others in the squad.

People have rose tinted glasses for ex players.

Hunt will have to take a drop to join any club. Money isn’t being thrown round at any club like it was 3/4 years ago. 

He will do well to pick up £10k a week anywhere Cardiff and Blackpool won’t pay that. . 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Also, why are you pretending you need 10-12 points and you'll just be let in because the panel likes you?

Again, this is taken directly from the FA's document

image.png.85dfd2b077f5972ed9cec728dd50004f.png

So, you need 15 points, not 10, and unless you can prove exceptional circumstances, any player (non-youth) will be rejected from signing. It seems very disingenuous to pretend any European player that gets awarded 10 points has a decent change of getting accepted on appeal... why are you doing so?

This is right and this is why they were saying the Brentford scouting network / model of picking up players from Scandinavia is redundant now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Hunt will not be on less than £10k and will not take a drop in wages to join us.

Palmer is a 6/7 out of 10 player most games for us he filled in a left back when we had none, he was asked to play centre back and did very well and he keeps himself fit, rarely has had lengthy injury absence, for a team in the mess we are he is to perfect pro and wont be on as much as others in the squad.

People have rose tinted glasses for ex players.

I would agree to a degree. Be interesting if Palmer was the one who left and was coming back what the reaction would be. Hunt had his fair share of critics even when we were doing well. Can't imagine he would have got less criticism when we were doing worse.

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I would agree to a degree. Be interesting if Palmer was the one who left and was coming back what the reaction would be. Hunt had his fair share of critics even when we were doing well. Can't imagine he would have got less criticism when we were doing worse.

Crazy isn't it. In a promotion chasing team of stars, Hunt created as much as Palmer did last year in this shower of shybo team, playing a mixture of leftback, centre back and rightback. I'm all for getting better players to replace our other players, but I'm not sure he is better. He was ok, sure. As is Palmer.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Crazy isn't it. In a promotion chasing team of stars, Hunt created as much as Palmer did last year in this shower of shybo team, playing a mixture of leftback, centre back and rightback. I'm all for getting better players to replace our other players, but I'm not sure he is better. He was ok, sure. As is Palmer.   

Completely agree he is not an upgrade on what we have an will undoubtedly cost more money than we are currently paying Palmer.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Completely agree he is not an upgrade on what we have an will undoubtedly cost more money than we are currently paying Palmer.

Exactly. As I said at the start of the threads. I wouldn't be against us bringing in Hunt, if it meant we had plans for Palmer on the left. 

But I wouldn't want him brought in on 8-10k a week for Palmer to then be his back up, on similar money when they is not a great deal of difference between the two.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Pieman said:

Again, not true. The narrative fits the anti-Brexit Guardian ‘interpretation’. 

They quote: The Greek Superliga is a band 4 competition. That means you get six points for being selected for a match in the past year and a maximum of six points more based on your appearance record.

So, a handful of appearances in the Greek league, gets you 10-12 points and over to the panel…

It's not about interpretation; it's just the rules.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly. As I said at the start of the threads. I wouldn't be against us bringing in Hunt, if it meant we had plans for Palmer on the left. 

But I wouldn't want him brought in on 8-10k a week for Palmer to then be his back up, on similar money when they is not a great deal of difference between the two.

I agree but if Palmer is off to Forest as suggested and we get a few it will be EXCELLENT business.

8 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree but if Palmer is off to Forest as suggested and we get a few it will be EXCELLENT business.

Of course. If Palmer goes he is a good replacement. Its just pointless having both for right back if he doesn't.

2 hours ago, owl84 said:

Hunt will have to take a drop to join any club. Money isn’t being thrown round at any club like it was 3/4 years ago. 

He will do well to pick up £10k a week anywhere Cardiff and Blackpool won’t pay that. . 

Money talks but he is a Yorkshire lad with a family and my money says If Wednesday can make a reasonable offer he would be very happy to be back at S6 . Think he would prefer Yorkshire to Wales. Don’t think he would want to go to Blackpool 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Money talks but he is a Yorkshire lad with a family and my money says If Wednesday can make a reasonable offer he would be very happy to be back at S6 . Think he would prefer Yorkshire to Wales. Don’t think he would want to go to Blackpool 

Yeah I agree. Key may well be that he had said in an interview that he was moving up to Yorkshire so his child’s school year had finished. Clearly already had that planned. If that’s the case we’re in a good position. Had he stayed in/near Bristol then Cardiff would have been a decent option for him. 

1 minute ago, Miruic said:

Yeah I agree. Key may well be that he had said in an interview that he was moving up to Yorkshire so his child’s school year had finished. Clearly already had that planned. If that’s the case we’re in a good position. Had he stayed in/near Bristol then Cardiff would have been a decent option for him. 

Mates with BB hope that doesn’t put a spanner in the works

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

Totally agree rumoured right have been in 12/13k a week at Bristol. 

Guess Blackpool in the championship and not too far to travel could be a option. 

I messed around with a GBE calculator a few months ago.  I have two assumptions in the spreadsheet (the player plays 50-59% of their domestic games and 1-9% of International games) that make the calculations easier and, honestly, I doubt SWFC is garnering international targets that exceed those thresholds.  I could be wrong, so take it w/ a grain of salt.  You can make a copy of the file to enter in players that you are interested in. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R9Fz6binvt_0m0keIEJUDu7f2NxugY6DxIjnNU5_VBw/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Decent free agents still without a club.

As we are shopping in the bargain basement and we clearly have next to nothing on players and restrictions in place on what we can sign, a few names for people.

Junior Hoillett - 31 yrs old former Cardiff player attacking winger that scored 23 goals in 173 appearance for Cardiff, in the last 2 season 9 goals and 6 assists in 60 odd games would be an improvement on anything we have at the club and can play on either flank. Also helped Cardiff to promotion to the EPL in 2018.

Fraser Campbell 33 yrs old striker played for Huddersfield last season, 7 goals in 40 games, has been around for ever, helped Hull and Cardiff win promotion to the EPL and has over 200 games in the top flight is a free agent surely in league one will get into double figures in the season.

Mendez Laing 29 year old winger had a good spell at Cardiff under Warnock, who got the best out of him, playing well he is a tricky winger who creates and scores goals. His league one record is 157 games 22 goals and 22 assists, and created or scored 27 goals in the championship in 95 games. Should we play a front striker with supporting attackers he would surely fill that role very well as the supporting attacker.

Frank Fielding former Derby and Bristol keeper at 33 yrs still in his prime and a free agent after leading Millwall and would be an improvement of what we currently have in the goal keeping department. 171 championship games with 51 clean sheets and a league one record of 74 games and 26 clean sheets.

Sam Baldock former Reading, Millwall, Brighton, Striker still only 32 and seem to have been around for years, has a league one record of 143 games, 57 goals and 8 assists. Not got much game time at Reading over last season due to Joao and Puscas and as such is now a free agent.

None of these players are world beaters or fit into the young and promising, but they all fit into the tried and tested, they will give us experience, ability and a proven track record. if any signed for us they would be an improvement of what our current threadbare squad has.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

As we are shopping in the bargain basement and we clearly have next to nothing on players and restrictions in place on what we can sign, a few names for people.

Junior Hoillett - 31 yrs old former Cardiff player attacking winger that scored 23 goals in 173 appearance for Cardiff, in the last 2 season 9 goals and 6 assists in 60 odd games would be an improvement on anything we have at the club and can play on either flank. Also helped Cardiff to promotion to the EPL in 2018.

Fraser Campbell 33 yrs old striker played for Huddersfield last season, 7 goals in 40 games, has been around for ever, helped Hull and Cardiff win promotion to the EPL and has over 200 games in the top flight is a free agent surely in league one will get into double figures in the season.

Mendez Laing 29 year old winger had a good spell at Cardiff under Warnock, who got the best out of him, playing well he is a tricky winger who creates and scores goals. His league one record is 157 games 22 goals and 22 assists, and created or scored 27 goals in the championship in 95 games. Should we play a front striker with supporting attackers he would surely fill that role very well as the supporting attacker.

Frank Fielding former Derby and Bristol keeper at 33 yrs still in his prime and a free agent after leading Millwall and would be an improvement of what we currently have in the goal keeping department. 171 championship games with 51 clean sheets and a league one record of 74 games and 26 clean sheets.

Sam Baldock former Reading, Millwall, Brighton, Striker still only 32 and seem to have been around for years, has a league one record of 143 games, 57 goals and 8 assists. Not got much game time at Reading over last season due to Joao and Puscas and as such is now a free agent.

None of these players are world beaters or fit into the young and promising, but they all fit into the tried and tested, they will give us experience, ability and a proven track record. if any signed for us they would be an improvement of what our current threadbare squad has.

Baldock on trial with Derby 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Campbells signed an extension at Huddersfield