The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Daryl Dike is an American striker with alot of potential.

At 21 years old, He scored 9 in 19 for Barnsley last season, while on loan.

He seems like everything we need, possibly too good for us in this situation. So wouldn't get excited until he's in the shirt.

You don't f*cking say lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

We are getting a bargain...

If you'd said that during his first half season here, I'd have thought you were crazy.

Given the current situation, you're spot on.

He's clearly unhappy here (and who can blame him?) and wants away. We can either force him to stay and have a potentially unmotivated player on our hands whose heart's not in it, or we can let him leave and use his wages to sign a replacement.

Hopefully we're about to do the latter if Bola is signing.

If Börner does join Hannover 96, I won't be surprised if there's an 'undisclosed fee' involved as a way of saving face all around, but I suspect it will be nominal at most.

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Att Chansiri just followed Bola and Dike.

Daryl Dike is an American striker with alot of potential.

At 21 years old, He scored 9 in 19 for Barnsley last season, while on loan.

He seems like everything we need, possibly too good for us in this situation. So wouldn't get excited until he's in the shirt.

I follow Beyonce and Taylor Swift. It doesnt mean that Im having a threesome with them tonight though does it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I follow Beyonce and Taylor Swift. It doesnt mean that Im having a threesome with them tonight though does it?

No it doesn't cos they are coming round my place tonight.lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Problem that we need to overcome is that we fans at SWFC believe we are Gods own gift. Not only do we need to take just a little responsibility for the pressure we exerted on Chansiri's arrival but we need to show a little more humility and be a little more forgiving towards players, management and back room staff.

To a small extent the reset button has been pressed. I'm still in, we have to ask ourselves the same question.

Sorry a bit off topic .....   

The pressure exerted on Chansiri has been on caused by his own doing, his own expectations he set from the first day he walked through the door. The comments of wanting the top dollar prices in return for investment on the pitch of high calibre players...that suddenly dissolved, well the investment did should we say.

I haven't seen anybody been but supportive of the management and backroom staff, even the players, everyone actually has sympathy towards the working conditions they've found themselves in and that has been caused by Chansiri.

Your post isn't just off topic, it's bizarre if anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

If we are looking at arsenals academy then John jules would be a good young striker to have in

Played 18 for donny scoring 5 , we would still need a more established striker with that but fits most of Moore’s criteria 

Struggled with injuries last season but highly rated by Arsenal and Moore knows all about him after bringing him to Donny. 

Worth bearing in mind there’s another 6 weeks until transfer window SLAMS shut, I think we might be waiting on a few last minute deals as always

25 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Struggled with injuries last season but highly rated by Arsenal and Moore knows all about him after bringing him to Donny. 

Worth bearing in mind there’s another 6 weeks until transfer window SLAMS shut, I think we might be waiting on a few last minute deals as always

Hamstring injury kept him out a while but scored coming back from injury, 20 years old he’ll be over that injury by now , he’s had a taste of league 1 now and Moore knows him so it would be decent enough.

15 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Problem that we need to overcome is that we fans at SWFC believe we are Gods own gift. Not only do we need to take just a little responsibility for the pressure we exerted on Chansiri's arrival but we need to show a little more humility and be a little more forgiving towards players, management and back room staff.

To a small extent the reset button has been pressed. I'm still in, we have to ask ourselves the same question.

Sorry a bit off topic .....   

bang on Nev 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, 0114 said:

I wonder if Adam Idah at Norwich would be a target.

He was Moore’s main target in January 2020 at Doncaster. He was due to sign then scored a hat trick in the FA cup and Norwich decided to keep him around.

Played 17 times last season and scored 3 in the Championship, mainly off the bench. But at 20 years of age and being an Irish international you’d have to think he’s ready to play week in and out on loan somewhere. Could certainly have Championship interest but just a name that came to mind.

Great shout pal

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 0742 said:

Mate, come on, this is a terrible post.

Fan blaming on here is horrific at times. We've been lied to, numerous times, our club is being decimated by Chansiri and we've been rinsed for the high ticket prices and poor match day experience. Aside from maybe Derby and bury it's hard to see which clubs fans have had it worse than us and you think we're at fault for all this mess.

As a fan, as someone who has whenever asked ploughed money in to this club, i will not take the blame. 

I feel Nev was actually referring to the pressure we as a fan base exert on the players and management staff which I agree with. The pressure on Chansiri however needs to increase as he is the single reason we are in a mess. UTO 

2 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Best we can hope for on Borner is a season long loan with Hannover picking up a high percentage of the wage

They aren’t buying him and we aren’t releasing him and paying up his contract

That's a good shout.

I can't see him being given a free transfer, as it would mean us paying his wages in advance so he can play for someone else.

I suspect he's been told if he wants to leave so badly he'll need to submit a transfer request and thereby give up his right to be paid the remainder of his contract.

If he doesn't want to do that, it's down to DM to somehow get him motivated again.

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You don't f*cking say lol

We're showing admiration for a Barnsley loanee like he plays for Bayern Munich.

When really he's on 200k per year at Orlando haha

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

And in that making the same mistake every season, missing the first 5 or 6 games of the season. Then bringing expensive unfit loans that take 3 months to get match fit, because they had no pre-season.

When will the clubs and fans ever learn, we are in this mess because of poor recruitment, that includes an over reliance on loan players that over the last 4 or 5 years you can count on two fingers the loans that added anything to the team.